• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Is This Yours Now ||Vulgaris, Kromium||
    Arthas

Arthas was glad to have there ruler back, his absence was noted and missed. Now that Loess was settling back to its normal it was time that Arthas went out to Tephra to investigate the rumors of a new ruler. They had remained pretty neutral with Tephra since Arthas' reign, so it would be on Loess to make contact.

Today he decided to bring along Vulgaris, a dappled stallion he met through his son Delta. The stallion was genuine and Arthas enjoyed his company, plus it was nice to not due these tedious tasks alone. It was rumored the new king is made of metal, who knows how much strength they would need should the conversation turn sour.

The two dappled stallions made it to the border of the ashy kingdom, Arthas remained at the edge and raised his head allowing a whinny to escape his maw. He had hoped to catch the attention of the king, the kingdom did not seem too disrupted with the new turnover. His head flicked to Vulgaris seems quiet not that it was a bad thing, more than anything he was trying to make small talk to make up for the rather quiet journey.

Dangerous Business

@[vulgaris]@[Kromium]

just wanted to get something up real quick Smile

Kromium
    Blood is Thicker than Water

Gossip travels quickly on the winds of change apparently.  He had barely got to introduce himself to the inhabitants of Tephra and already visitors come knocking at their door...

Karat having been left to her own vices and Kove given permission to explore, he had welcomed the chance to be with his thoughts.  Strolling along the shorelines and watching the sea birds swirl overhead, it isn't the sight of them that alerts him to their coming, but the call carried across sound waves that summons him from his leisurely activities.  His pace does not quicken as he searches for newcomers along the borders.  

Once in view, he observes the two greyed stallions as he approaches, emerald tipped ears forward in curiosity.  His own greeting bellows from his vocals, "Hello there."  Iron hooves click upon the hardened lava rock that have constructed the island below him, "Welcome to Tephra... I am Kromium.  How may I help you?"   His emerald gaze regards each of them.

Introductions always come first 

@[Arthas] @[vulgaris]
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

He doesn’t know Arthas well but he seems like the sort of person that Vulgaris could get along with. It seems to be a two way street, though appearances could always be deceiving. Was the serpent really someone that the former king could trust? Perhaps in some ways. But the thoughts don’t seem to cross his mind as he walks beside the other dappled creature on their journey to Tephra. Instead he only wonders what the foreign kingdom is like. It had never occurred to him to explore the other territories out there and now he finds himself eager to see them all. (His loyalty, of course, lies with Loess and Loess alone. He takes his oaths quite seriously.)

Seems quiet, he hears Arthas say. He turns his head to his companion and gives a slight nod. It doesn’t take long for the new king to come and join them at the borders, though. Vulgaris observes him silently, noting the sleek metal armor that protects Kromium’s body. He wonders if he tastes any different than the others he has devoured but he says nothing until the introductions begin.

A pleasure, Kromium,” he says with a grin full of fangs. “I am Vulgaris, paladin of Loess.” He would introduce Arthas but he supposes the champion might like to do so himself. As for the diplomatic nature of their visit, he also leaves this to his friend and prefers instead to take a backseat. Judging by his interactions with the queen of Hyaline, he had much to learn before he tried his hand at these discussions.
    @[Arthas] @[Kromium]

Arthas
    The two equines did not remain alone for long, after a few quiet less breaths the silence was broken by the call of another, and the caller appears from hiding. The stallion was covered in armor and almost appeared unnatural, Arthas cocked an eye towards the stag, a powerful sight to see.

He stared at the stag who gave a greeting and introduced himself as Kromium, asking how he could assist them. His gaze flicks to Vulgaris who introduces himself as the paladin of Loess. The conversation falls silent, a hint that it was Arthas' turn to speak. The dappled stallion dips his head slightly to the Tephran equine My name is Arthas, Champion of Loess. His head raises slightly higher Vulgaris and I have come today to speak to the new ruler.

Arthas had never met the new ruler, but this one could very well be the new King. His scent of Tephra is not very strong, it mingles with Taiga? He cannot call one kingdom out in specific but he was surely new to the lands, and possibly the very king he wanted to see. Loess is a kingdom of contract, we carry out the duties that rulers don't want to handle themselves.....such as taking someone captive. He lists there most recent higher as an example. In addition we have come to note that we do not hold alliances with kingdoms unless we have been hired, but we are not opposed to foal trades. If that is something Tephra would be interested in. His gaze narrows in on the young stallion, what would he say? Was the information to much for his young mind to wrap around? Was he even the king?

Dangerous Business

@[Kromium] @[vulgaris]

Kromium

Emerald tangle of locks at his hindquarters, wisk alongside his hocks.  He showed no signs of distress at the presence of two strangers at the borders.  Perhaps one who had been threatened before would be on edge, but not Krom.  He welcomes them openly with a smile, that some may perceive as naive.  He knows the risks.  The rise and fall of leaders, kingdoms, is no fairy tale to him.  It is real, very real, but this pair has shown him no hostility and he would not judge them for actions not taken.

Silence doesn't linger long as the silvered stallions are quick to release their names.  The one is of few words and so he assumes Vulgaris is along for the journey.  A show of support for their kingdom and leaders.  Krom nods pleasantries to the fanged stud, a mental note taken to not get too close but it is unlikely the canines would pierce iron.  He is neither sure of the term paladin that is used, but given the stallions strong presence, his best guess is a warrior of sorts.

Emerald eyes turn from Vulgaris to the other stallion as the conversation switches tongues.  His ears tip forwards to listen intently of all Arthas has to say, while making minimal movements.  The concept of their land is clear but he ponders on why the stallions have come here.  Was it just an informative greeting, curiousity, or simply a passive aggressive show of power?  

Upon listening to all that is said, brow quirked in thought, he draws a deep breath before speaking, "I see... Well, Vulgaris. Arthas,"  he regards each seperatley in the order they introduced themselves, "Tephra has no intentions of taking anyone hostage or whatever it is you do in Loess.  We are a neutral land with no care for alliances... or enemies for that matter."   His gaze shifts as he gauges their reactions, "Though, if your king would like to discuss a peace treaty of sorts, I would be happy to host a meeting here in Tephra."  His eyes land upon the champion of Loess, "Or I, Tephras Overseer, could travel to Loess if he would have me."  The iron horse waits patiently for Arthas to accept or decline his offer of hospitality... 

@[Arthas] figured @[Vulgaris] might not have much to add but feel free to respond Jassal Smile

Arthas
    Warrick was always very willing to accept strangers into his kingdom, the stallion had little fear of others. Perhaps he was godly strong and no one knew it, or perhaps he was naive. This stallion seems to have a similar attitude, and Arthas grows curious as to what it was about Tephra that let them so willing to welcome anyone into there home.

Arthas watches as Kromium gazes over Vulgaris, taking in all the details of his fanged friend. His gaze slowly turns to Arthas as he listens to the dapple stallion speak, I see the armored stallion responds. Arthas only cocks his eye, awaiting for the punch line.

The green and steel stallion goes on to note that Tephra has no intentions in taking part of hiring Loess, that they are a neutral land and that Tephra had no intentions on making allies or enemies. But what he says next confuses the dappled stallion though if your king would like to discuss a peace treaty of sorts. Arthas cocks his head in response. Kromium his name slips from his lips, the way he talks he imagines he must be the new ruler of Tephra. For your sake, I hope that you can remain neutral, though as we all know it is hard to remain neutral in beqanna. At one point or another Tephra will need help, whether another kingdom comes to attack or someone is stolen from Tephra....they will find enemies even if they are not looking.

As for speaking with my king, he is busy, I came all this way to discuss such matters, am I not good enough to discuss such matters with? His temper was short and he was just about done talking to this 'neutral king'. His gaze flicks to Vulgaris, did he have something to add? Perhaps Arthas was talking to much, he falls silent allowing his dapple friend a moment to speak should he have something to add.

Dangerous Business

@[Kromium] @[vulgaris] Arthas is a dick

Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

Vulgaris watches silently as the two discuss their wants and desires of the other but he finds himself mildly disgruntled. Things weren’t going as they had hoped, though it was more of an inconvenience than anything. He watches Kromium as he rejects their offer of whatever services he may require and grins faintly at Arthas’ reply. Then he supposes it was his time to speak up and let his opinions be known. The serpent disliked sharing his thoughts and ideas, honestly, since they seemed to infuriate others so much of the time.

It would be foolish for an army for hire to make a peace treaty when there’s nothing in it for us,” he says with a slight tilt of his head as he regards the iron creature. “If you want to tie our hands and prevent future business from other kingdoms, you’ll have to sweeten the pot.

In truth, Vulgaris didn’t much care if they had guaranteed safety from at least one kingdom. Comfort breeds weakness and he wasn’t keen on the idea of a peace treaty just because someone asked nicely. No, he’s hungry for prizes and he’s never been one to deny himself these things. But he figures they’ll go home with the same conditions as before their little meeting or with some kind of reward for their efforts. Why not aim for the best scenario, then?

Let’s start with something simple for now. Pick a child of your kingdom and send them to Loess each spring, as a sign of your trust in us. In exchange, we’ll only challenge and steal on friendly terms. If the child leaves, the deal is off until you send a replacement,” he says as his lips part in a glimmering smile. Mostly he wants to see the new king’s reaction to such a deal so he can pick apart just what kind of ruler Kromium is going to be. If he accepts, though, Vulgaris can only imagine what the future will hold for each of them.

@[Arthas] @[Kromium] sorry for taking so long! this thread is fun though! <3
    Kromium

He listens carefully to all they say and all they imply.  He was by nature an observant horse, and though he has no reason to deem them untruthful, he wonders the reasoning behind their words...

The champion of Loess speaks his name and Kromium turns to look at the stranger as he speaks of neutrality and lack there of in Beqanna.  He realizes to some it may be a foreign concept, dull and mundane.  That some liked to stir the pot every now and again, he can't help but assume these visitors each held a spoon. It is when he speaks of Kroms invitation extended to their king that bring a rise of his brow.  He only waits for the stag to quiet and look to his partner for further support before validating his reasons, "No offense Arthas, but how am I to trust you will relay an offer to your king without twisting my words to your own benefit...?"  He did not know this equine or if he truly resided in the kingdom he claimed to be champion of.  Trust was earned, and so far all he heard was the power trip this kingdom sought. "I would be more than happy to meet with the ruler of Loess at he or she's convenience to discuss whatever they wish to discuss,"  he states simply and finalies the subject with a nod of his head.

This response may have not sat well with the pair as the other became restless with irritation.  Impatience probably and not getting their way when he does not bend to their demands.  He had heard their speaking of a child trade earlier and he had chose to ignore it.  Never in his darkest thoughts would he ever send a child to settle a debt, and when this subject comes to light again, it slightly angers the iron horse.  His emerald ears flick back and lay upon his metallic neck showing his annoyance with the reoccuring proposal.  His voice rises, "Why would make you think Tephra, a kingdom built on the foundation of family, would give their youth to Loess, a kingdom for hire?  So you can trade off our children for your own selfish gains?  Show them a world with dark intentions?  That everything in life requires gifts or gains?" His eyes narrow upon the fanged equine, "I would never barter my child or anyone else's for that matter... If you would, then I pity your children." His gaze shifts to Arthas so he is to know his words were not negotiable, "I offer peace between our lands as we have nothing needed from the other kingdoms and they not us. We do not need to steal or challenge for what we want.  If I wish to acquire something from one of the lands and its ruler, I will ask them myself."  His stance straightens, ever so slighty, as he makes his poistion known, "Please extend my invitation to your ruler.  If they need anything, all they have to do is ask."   He does not let a smug grin curl upon his lips as they had.  He is better than that.  He simply bows his head to the pair and lets them take their leave before he too, turns to return to the members of the lands.  

@[Arthas] @[Vulgaris] Since timelines now make Arthas ruler of Sylva I figured maybe we can conclude this here...?  We can always revisit the issue later lol

Arthas
    He falls silent and the new champion of Loess pipes in, the stags words flow from his mouth perfectly. Arthas could not agree anymore with Vulgaris' offer, he may no longer be apart of the Loess kingdom but he is glad to see the kingdom will thrive with Bane and Vulgaris. Arthas' gaze flicks from Vulgaris and settles on Kromium, curious to see his response to the offer, most possibly the best offer that he could receive.

Instead of remaining silent on the topic Kromium takes a strike at Arthas' integrity, noting he could simply not trust that Arthas would relay the true information to Wolfbane. His gaze narrows on the metal stallion, his ears flick backwards What would I get out of lying? not only to his old king, but to his friend, the equine he views as his own flesh and blood. Once again the green and metal stallion notes he would meet with Wolfbane, Arthas only snorts in response.

Finally the new young king responds to Vulgaris, this time he lashes his angered thoughts out on the Loess champion. He says he would never trade his offspring for peace and that he would pity the child that would be offered. Arthas' quickly flicks a gaze to Vulgaris, was he tracking the same conversation that Arthas was hearing? A grin grows on Arthas' mouth, he truly could not believe the words that was escaping this stallion. Who did he think he was talking to?

He finishes by stating he would speak with Wolfbane should any further politics need to be discussed. His grin remains large Kromium, I will be sure to give Wolfbane your invitation, just only the parts I want him to know. Thats the picture he painted wasn't it? Arthas would surely 'forget' to pass the message on to Wolfbane. I hope your kingdom can remain neutral he says with a smile a he watches the fresh ruler walk off. He surely had a lot of pent up thoughts, some of the statements only led Arthas to believe he would come running to Loess seeking protection from the kingdom he angered.

Dangerous Business

@[vulgaris] @[Kromium]