• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY||
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

Tears begin to well in my eyes at my failure.  I sniffle -ever so silently- as I look upon the simple stone I could not extract from the cavern wall. If Ketzia was here she could retrieve it.  She was the stronger of them both and I was not too proud to admit it.

Every bit of me had given in to defeat as I turn to make my wishes known.  I wanted my family, my elder sisters shoulder to cry upon and neck to bury my face into.  My face turns only slightly so Snout, my new friend, could not see the fresh stream trailing down my cheek. I want to go home... I choke out over a heavy weight rising in my throat.

I begin to step towards the entrance -his glow lighting the dark cave enough to recognize where my intent was.  He shuffles beside me with a huff and I find the shadows his light did not reach twisting in the wrong direction.  Looking back, I hear scrapings of bone of rock and I squint to see what was happening.  

There is a gentle tumbling of stones just before he belts out, There you go.  My lavender eyes sparkle in his ambiance as I see the amethyst gems glittering at his feet.  I nearly leap forwards in sheer happiness, but I contain myself somewhat. "Oh Snout! Thank you, Thank you, thankyouthankyouthankyou," I squeal before stepping forwards with head lowered.  My lilac lips pluck the pebble from the rubble and then turn to prance towards the opening...

With the gemstone between my lips I had simply nodded to his wish to find my brother.  A newfound spring in my step moved us across the rocky flats of Tephra with haste.  Across a small meadow and over a slight incline, we come to stand.  A small thicket of tropical flora is before us.  I look to my glowing friend with a smile upturning the corners of my lips.  A quick gesture of my head sends me stepping forwards again, with a "lets go" meaning.  I bunny hop a few strides and stop beside a flat topped boulder.  Gently I place the trinket upon the stone and then chime out cheerfully, "Karat...Krom... I'm home!  And I brought a friend to meet you..." 

@[Snout] I will write Krom and Karat next Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 08-30-2018, 06:31 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 08-30-2018, 07:12 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 08-31-2018, 11:01 AM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 08-31-2018, 02:49 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 08-31-2018, 07:47 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 09-03-2018, 09:31 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 09-06-2018, 07:08 PM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 09-10-2018, 08:36 AM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Snout - 09-24-2018, 08:50 AM
    RE: Awoken From My Slumber ||ANY|| - by Kove - 09-30-2018, 06:48 PM