• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide

As usual, a constant thrum of thoughts raced by her mind’s eye; the stream of kingdom and personal issues alike a steady mix of upheavals and depressions upon its plane.  The good and the bad, the light and the dark, the right and the wrong.  Everything was a balance, everything happened in its time, and one could not appreciate the brightest of days without the shadow of those darkest days to compare them to.  Or so she tried to remind herself on days like today, her thoughts turning toward the need to gather Nerine in the near future, and address them at last as their newest Leader.

Further thoughts are cut short, however, when a shadow much too deep for the passing of a cloud in front of the sun cascades across the rocky flats of Nerine.  It stirs a primordial worry for her home deep within her, and its presence is enough cause for the speckled woman to alter the path she had been walking.

The weight of something heavy meeting with shale underfoot jars her pale worn hooves to a momentary stumble, but purposeful steps are quickly recovered and she crests a low hill in time to observe the newcomer’s shift.  Watching as the last of the rolling black smoke fades to nothing in the grey sky, she approaches him directly, though slower now, curious as ever as to who he might be.  Friend or foe, it didn’t really matter; she had to know.

Dark eyes assess the deep gauge in the rocky terrain that she stops nearby, head tilted mildly in inquisitiveness.  Raising her eyes to meet with his, an emotional memory of images and voices press unwillingly into the forefront of the her cognition—it’s of a colt, unmistakably the same one now looking at her, feelings of contentment and happiness that are so uniquely prevalent in the lives of the young saturate the vision, the Nerinian coast a familiar backdrop beyond.

Unknowingly to her more aware self, her lips turn upward into a warm smile of reception, “Welcome back, Castile.” The words are in the open before she can stop them, causing her eyes to shutter in an obvious grimace.

Damn.

She is quick to rebuke herself for the unwelcome slip up of her abilities.  He didn’t know her, and she didn’t know him either, what would he think of such a statement?  It was rude she thought, for her to submerge into another’s emotional past without good cause, or their express permission and Breckin had begun to think that her handle on such things had become firmer, but this error had proved otherwise.  She had been warned after all, that this gift may be sporadic at times.  Most likely, the sudden appearance of a dragon in Nerine had been enough of a surprise to cause her to slacken the already slippery reins.

Picking up the fallen smile, it now turns apologetic in nature, “I apologize for being rude, I’m still learning to control my empathic echoes gift.  It’s erratic sometimes, and regrettably causes me to speak before I think on occasion.”

Temptation is there to say more, but she stills her tongue from rambling further, instead choosing a simpler offering instead.  ”My name is Breckin, welcome to Nerine.”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 08-31-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-01-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 09-01-2018, 03:21 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-02-2018, 03:23 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 09-06-2018, 02:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nalia - 09-06-2018, 03:07 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-12-2018, 06:37 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 10-05-2018, 10:11 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nalia - 10-07-2018, 09:54 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 10-18-2018, 08:04 AM