• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    Unknowingly to her, he had felt her mistaken touch feathered upon his mind, and it seemed to have spurred the still kindled flame of beast within him.  The force of his dissenting growl vibrated underfoot, rising into her core.  Now guarded, her musculature tensed can coiled in reciprocation and now seeking a lower center of gravity, she reached her cognitive whim to clutch at the at one of the sharp conch fragments she had ensnared in her tail.  But she makes no move to threaten him, and merely waits unmoving, unwilling to provoke him any further, peering at him with dark eyes and curious inclination of her spotted head.  She had already apologized, now it was up to him to decide his next course of action. There would be little she could do if he did so choose to attack, she was not much of a warrior, but the simple, silly stubbornness within her would not allow her to flee.

But the painted beast’s demeanor rapidly alters its course, and as he seems to relax, she reflects his actions, releasing the tension of her frame; though she still holds in him in a respectably, weary regard, still mildly apprehensive.

His statement on the risks of entering someone’s mind cause her to quip with a short laugh of appreciation, “You speak with wisdom.  I seem to question my own sanity on a daily basis.” It was true; the leopard woman still had difficulties discerning the own images of her past and emotions with those of others.  It was tiresome and annoying, and yet still on most day, had been a blessing.

Nodding in acknowledgement,  her voice holds a steady sincerity “Nice to meet you as well, Castile.  I did not see much, as I stopped it before it progressed further.  But it was only a brief image of you as a colt growing up on Nerine’s shoreline.”   What she doesn’t add, is that she could have easily shown him the memory she’d unwillingly glimpsed, having learned recently that she could bring such memories back to the forefront of their owner’s mind.  But she does not say this, seemingly there is no need, at least she doesn’t believe so, not with his reaction to her last accidental mental sifting still fresh in her own mind.

“Rest assured, it is not a habit of the Leviathan’s queen to search through someone’s emotional memories, even those of a stranger, not without good reason.  In all open honesty however, I would have done so if you had opted to attack me.  Obviously, that was not the path you chose to walk, and so I thank you for that, in more ways than one.” Breckin smiles with a brightness easily met in her eyes, “What brings you back to our little piece of Beqanna’s paradise, Castile?”

BRECKIN

call me forward when the crown falls

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 08-31-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-01-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 09-01-2018, 03:21 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-02-2018, 03:23 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 09-06-2018, 02:09 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nalia - 09-06-2018, 03:07 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Breckin - 09-12-2018, 06:37 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 10-05-2018, 10:11 PM