• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

In the wake of the Ice Fairy's wrath - blessed, blessed wrath - I am nearly incoherent. The pain of the slash across the entirety of my face booms with the voice of ten thousand warriors, bleeds with the force of the broadest river. The tears that mix with the ruddy liquid are from pain, yes, but from something else too: joy. Gratitude. Exhaustion - one born from a journey long fought but, in the end, won.

I don't even think as I race down the icy mountain, falling multiple times in my haste to be with her once more. I don't even think as I reach it's base and bolt north-west. I don't even think as the snows of winter dissolve into a strange autumn, suspended around me by some kind of magic. In the full-throttle dash that is my need to reunite with Solace, the politics of this damned continent fall off the thin plateau that is my consciousness. As I crash through Sylva, my thoughts pertain to nothing except her.

But then - voices. More than I've heard gathered in one place for some time.

I stop mid-run as I realize what I've stumbled onto the edge of. I am glad to see that you three lingered in Sylva even though your "queen" abandoned you. I came to claim Sylva, only to make it a stronger kingdom. We will hold an alliance with Loess, we will be free to travel through Loess as they through Sylva. Loess is a kingdom for hire, essentially we will do the dirty work that the other kingdoms do not want to get there hands dirty with.  Together we will be feared amongst beqanna, no kingdoms will be able to defeat us. And most importantly, I will never abandon you. I frown as the speech continues, but by it's end, I know who speaks: Arthas. Failed king of Loess.

Heart in my throat, I just recognize other voices chiming in with their own thoughts, most not exactly supportive, but not offensive enough to ensure an unsuccessful takeover. As a breeze rustles against me, I realize that it blows my scent towards the group of angry Sylvans. Fearful and confused and utterly derailed from my original purpose - to reunite with my wife, to show her the sacrifice I made for the longevity of her life - I squeeze my eyes shut, and am gone.

Dreamt back to Hyaline.

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS - by Arthas - 08-31-2018, 09:27 PM
    RE: NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS - by Sinner - 08-31-2018, 10:20 PM
    RE: NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS - by Rey - 09-01-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS - by Maugrim - 09-02-2018, 10:23 AM
    RE: NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS - by Jackel - 09-02-2018, 11:25 AM
    RE: NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS - by Arthas - 09-02-2018, 11:45 AM
    RE: NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS - by Sinner - 09-02-2018, 04:41 PM
    RE: NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS - by Titus - 09-02-2018, 06:12 PM