• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sweetheart turned Sour tart
    Absenthium

I've waited too long with my feet on the ground
    I'll get so high, no one can get my wings

"We're... cool," she repeated back to him, kinda like she was testing out the phrase. His brows pulled together. Hadn't she heard that before? Where the hell was this chick from, anyway.

"You just scared me, is all. I only guessed a pegasus would make more noise."
    He blushed a little under his soft frown. Yeah, maybe a real pegasus would. That'd make sense. But he was a total fake. And the knowledge of that kinda made him clutch his poser-ass wings in closer to his body like she might reach right out and touch them and find him out. Stupid wings. All for looks. So useless and pointlessly huge.

She apologized and stepped closer, not horrifyingly close or anything, but it still made him stiffen in apprehension. He didn't want to her to accidentally touch his wings, or rather, NOT touch them. But he didn't want her to catch on either, that he didn't want her too close. So he forced himself to stay there, gray eyes tight at the edges as he watched her warily.

"I'm Absenthium," he answered back as casually as he could manage, though every time he said his own name it earned it's own little flash of a scowl. He'd never asked for sure, but he assumed it was Father that had named him, what with his habit of being invisible all the time. And anything Father did was obviously the worst thing to do, so he should probably hate his name. Unless Mom named him, of course. He never asked though.

"Are you..." He wasn't sure where he was even going with it. And tried again. "So..." Alright, so he sucked at conversation. He scowled in frustration with himself, gave a little huff. Whatever. It's just a dumb girl. "You have like, some kinda water magic or something?" Well, obviously. Dumbass. "Like.. I don't know. What else can you do with it?"

He, on the other hand, only had these worthless, useless wings.

Messages In This Thread
    Sweetheart turned Sour tart - by Adria - 08-31-2018, 10:00 PM
    RE: Sweetheart turned Sour tart - by Absenthium - 09-26-2018, 04:03 PM
    RE: Sweetheart turned Sour tart - by Adria - 09-29-2018, 11:45 AM
    RE: Sweetheart turned Sour tart - by Absenthium - 10-03-2018, 07:02 PM
    RE: Sweetheart turned Sour tart - by Adria - 10-06-2018, 01:40 PM
    RE: Sweetheart turned Sour tart - by Absenthium - 10-08-2018, 08:05 PM
    RE: Sweetheart turned Sour tart - by Adria - 10-11-2018, 07:30 PM