• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; merry
    He blushed a little as she smoothed his hair from his face, his grin widening and eyes lighting for her. Then nodded, and giggled as she tickled his hungry tummy! "Yes, yes!" he gasped, "Breakfast sounds yummy!" With a last nuzzle to her cheek, he rose to his feet with her, glancing around them at their cozy den and quiet forest.

His delighted gaze swiftly finds her again when she speaks. "An ADVENTURE!?" He nearly lost his balance with childish excitement, finding it so hard to sit still, little nub tail wagging happily. "Yes!! I want an adventure! Will we find treats too??" Treats, as anyone who meets little Merry quickly learns, are the absolute most important thing on this earth after his Luster mommy.

"Will we find friends, too, Mommy?" And by friends, of course he didn't mean other horses, no no. He meant animals. Forest creatures. Little rabbits, or big cats made of shadow. Things that felt like home to him. "I want to meet a Mumblecat. Do you know what a Mumblecat is? I can teach you!"

He always was so eager to teach anyone who would listen.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; merry - by Cimmerian - 09-08-2018, 07:01 PM