• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; merry

She laughs, those dark brown eyes lighting with amusement as she reaches her nose out to his little withers to steady him. So much exuberance in such a small, wiggly body. "Mhmm, an adventure!" A smile slips across her quiet mouth, catching crookedly in one corner. "Maybe we can find some apple trees, yeah? Or a patch of wild strawberries growing in the meadow?" She nuzzles his shoulder, using her teeth to nibble so gently at his itchies. "Or even some of those sweet, purple clover flowers."

With a gentle nudge she guides him out of their den through the narrow break in the trunk of their hollowed-out tree. "Probably," she tells him with a nod, continuing on with a gentle tug on his downy soft mane to keep him moving in the right direction, "my Merry is so good at finding friends." It is his gentleness, she thinks, his dark, beautiful quiet. Most find it very difficult not to be drawn to him. 

But then her brow is knit skeptically together, the corners of her mouth quivering with the promise of amusement. "A mumblecat?" She repeats, touches her lips to the soft place between his ears. "No I don't think I've ever met one, will you tell me about them?"

— Luster —
    so we let our shadows fall away like dust ;

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; merry - by luster - 10-01-2018, 07:02 PM