• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; merry

She laughed and it filled him with a light like she has power of, made him feel like he was glowing from the inside out. He loved when she laughed. And when she smiled. Because sometimes... Sometimes she wasn't smiling, or laughing. And sometimes it felt like maybe she was something less than happy.

She hid it so well, though.
    So that was as far as he could tell.

She caught him too before he could lose his blance, and he got his feet under him better and beamed up at her with love in his eyes. And she promised an adventure, too! With maybe some apples or some strawberries -- he forgot which ones those ones were -- and even the special purple clover things!!

He nodded earnestly. "Yes! Yes, those, please! Those are our favorites." And of course he would go on to tell her about Mumblecats. He would chatter away for days at her if he had enough things to teach her. He'd need to learn more so that he could! But he started with Mumblecats for now as they walked.

"Mumblecats are black, like shadows. And they're kinda big, bigger than me 'cause I'm small. Or just 'bout the same. And they follow you everywhere and keep you safe. And sometimes they make you wonder if really they are a real person hiding in a big cat body, but it's a secret, so you can't ask them. It might kill them if they have to say it, I bet. Or maybe it kills someone they love, or the person who asked. So they won't answer that one ever. Maybe it's not true though, that part, but they are very good cats so don't be afraid if we find one, okay?"

[ Cimmerian ]

try to make a fire burn again

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; merry - by Cimmerian - 10-06-2018, 06:51 PM