• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so pay attention now; daemron
    Finally, there is truth between them. It glimmers in her tears, trembles through her breath – and though he can see how agonizing it is for Pyxis to bear her fragmented soul to him, she is made exquisite by it. Of course he sees it – her lovely little charade has fallen (collapsing, crumbling, breaking), and yet he has always found her more beautiful in imperfection. And as if it were second nature, he bends almost unconsciously to brush away the dampness of her tears – (salt on his lips, a pang in his chest).

His flesh comes alive even as it burns at the feel of her; her touch both his antidote and his kryptonite. Yet even as she leans in, a part of him senses that she is on the verge of pulling away. Perhaps the hunt has heightened his awareness in this regard – (the predator who senses the quivering prey) – and something deep within lurches treacherously at the thought that she might leave again. Suddenly possessive, his exploration of her becomes increasingly urgent in answer to her quaking, the need to memorize her while he still can too great to ignore.

She whispers into his neck then, her words granting Daemron some semblance of restraint. The chestnut stills, dreading that the slightest movement would scare her off. The absence of motion allows him to notice the subtle scratch of her antlers as they rest against him. He is struck by the idea that he could grow accustomed to the feeling – that is, if she’d only let him.

He clears his throat in order to find his voice again. “I don’t want to be the reason you run anymore. I want to be the reason you stay.” The enraged ferocity that had driven him to assault her defenses has yielded to something quieter (steadier) – though no less fierce in its own way. There is a pause as the last conversation they’d had comes to the forefront of his thoughts.

“I know you’re scared, Pyxis. And as much as I want to put your fears to rest, I can’t promise that I won’t hurt you.” Years earlier, he might have done exactly that – he might have done anything to keep her from leaving. Yet now he knows better than to vow the impossible. With this thought in mind he adds gruffly, “Hell, look at the damage we’ve dealt one another already.” Shifting, he draws back just enough to catch her gaze and hold it with his.

“What I can promise is that I’ll never leave you.” It isn’t said in criticism of her past actions, though he finds himself bracing for some form of retaliation. The truth is that Daemron simply can’t stand to lose her – not again. In one way or another, every person that he’s ever cared for has managed to betray him. His true pack is no more, causing him more pain than happiness in his lifetime. Yet if it meant that he could have someone again, someone that was his – if he could have her – he could bear anything. He would wear the scars she was bound to inflict upon him as badges; permanent marks of her presence, evidence of their calamitous love.

He would bear it all for her.
    daemron
    lost to the hunt as I was to you

Messages In This Thread
    so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-03-2018, 02:22 AM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by Daemron - 09-04-2018, 05:41 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-04-2018, 10:15 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by Daemron - 09-07-2018, 06:20 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-09-2018, 09:15 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by Daemron - 09-12-2018, 02:24 PM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by pyxis - 09-14-2018, 12:03 AM
    RE: so pay attention now; daemron - by Daemron - 09-15-2018, 01:15 PM