• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    what has fallen may rise again; ROUND I
    Life in Ischia was starting to be okay, he decided that morning. Yes, after years of living here - with his lover and their twin daughters - he finally decided that this place would do. Despite there being no ice, despite there being practically no old faces to bother, and despite the fact that he would always resent Ischia for not being the Tundra, he decided it was alright.

He cast his eyes from where they'd been watching the horizon over to Nyssah and Nyreen. In a tangled blob, all knees and nostrils, the little girls - young because time is fake - slept soundly, visible for now. In a few hours, they would be off causing havoc amongst the brothers, perhaps even daring to sneak up on Brennen in their cloaks of invisibility, just to make a rainstorm right over his head and blast him with starlight. Come to think of it, maybe <i>that's</i> why he decided to decide that this place would be okay. He had two little minions to go and do his dirty work; after all, he was an adult now, and if he hadn't anyone to live vicariously through as they made everyone groan and roll their eyes, well, he just wouldn't be able to stand for it.

Then, he glances to other way; to Nuage, his precious lover. A faint smile occupies Nih's mouth, eyes running lazily over the pretty stallion, over the way he cocked on back leg and flicked his ears as he slept. Without needing to take even a step, Nihlus reached over and brushed his nose against Nu's downy lashes; with a little whimper of need and love, the son of Carnage leaned his weight into Nihlus, settling again into a peaceful slumber.

He'd always been an early riser, but on days like today - when home really felt like it - he didn't mind sticking around with his family for a few moments longer.

<I>Zzzzzzzzzz.</i>

Nih straightened, offsetting Nuage but not waking him. <i>What the actual fuck was that.</i>

<i>Zzzzzz -</i>

<b>"Oh fuck no you don't."</b>

He spoke to what appeared to be thin air, but in that air, particles that <i>screamed</i> magic buzzed violently. Nih pinned his ears and stepped forward, furious at the dirt's arrival. <b>"I helped you once already and that's enough, so go on, fuck right off."</b> The dirt hesitated, and <i>zzzzz</i>inged over to Nuage. <b>"No!"</b> Nihlus stomped over to block off the path. <b>"Don't even <i>think</i> about it."</b>

A pause.

Over to the twins.

<b>"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?"</B> He raced over, looking for all the world like an absolute lunatic as he ran around screaming at the air. <b>"I helped you bring the afterlife to Beqanna! I helped you find Gail! I know you loved her and guess what, I love my family too."</b> The dirt buzzed, as dirt will. <b>"So gooooooo away. Go."</b> He stepped toward it, feinting a bite. <b>"You've fucked with me enough."</b>

And, as the sun came just above the horizon, the dirt zoomed away.

<I>Well. I take it all back. This place is not okay at all.</i>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: what has fallen may rise again; ROUND I - by Nihlus - 09-04-2018, 12:50 PM