• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    what has fallen may rise again; ROUND I
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Amatic+SC" rel="stylesheet"><center><style>.omgihadtoredoeverything {background-image:url('http://data.whicdn.com/images/1659293/large.jpg'); width:288px; height: 500px; background-size: contain; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: black; float: left; border-radius: 100px 0px 0px 0px; border-left: 9px solid #06081F; border-top: 1px solid #06081F; border-bottom: 1px solid #06081F;} .wtfwasthismadness {background-color: #06081F; width: 200px; border-radius: 100px 0px 0px 100px; position: relative; top: 352px; left: 43px; color: white; border-left: 5px solid #778086; border-bottom: 1px solid #778086; border-top: 1px solid #778086; font-family: 'amatic sc'; letter-spacing: 10px; font-size: 13pt;} .iwroteshitbackwardstoconfuseppl {background-color: #06081F; width: 300px; height: 500px; right; border: 1px solid #06081F; border-left: 1px solid #778086; overflow: auto;} .iwroteshitbackwardstoconfuseppl::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 8px;} .iwroteshitbackwardstoconfuseppl::-webkit-scrollbar-track {width: 0px;} .iwroteshitbackwardstoconfuseppl::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background-image:url('http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/27118-2-1353337757.jpg'); border-radius: 100px 100px 100px;} .ionlyhurtmyselfffs {width: 240px; padding: 20px; text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt; line-height: 10pt; color: #778086; font-family: times new roman;} </style><div style="width: 599px; height: 500px;"><div class="omgihadtoredoeverything"><div class="wtfwasthismadness">volcan</div></div><div class="iwroteshitbackwardstoconfuseppl"><div class="ionlyhurtmyselfffs"><center><div style="margin-bottom: 20px; font-style: italic;"><font color=white>Burn slow, burning up the back wall<br>Long roads, where the city meets the sky<br>Most days, most days stay the sole same<br>Please stay, for this fear will not die</font></div></center>

Volcan is alone, contemplating some of her more recent encounters and the strange gaps of time and memory still lingering in her mind, when something stings her right between the shoulders. The spike of pain is enough to make her flinch and startle, literally jolting off all fours until she can look around and see what’s happened.

Except nothing has happened… until there is a strange sensation of something running through her body like the roots of a tree, something she can’t control. Something that is not quite corporeal but magical, something that moves her with its own will although she moves along with it - what was this calling? She’d been near the ocean already, but this calling brings her elsewhere, to a new place that she hasn’t visited since…. Since when?

Foggy memories fling through her mind like autumn leaves on a strong wind, there and then gone again before crunching beneath her hooves and… wasn’t there something she was supposed to be doing? What is this urge? This strange tug in her breast that pulls her further and further to the very edges of Beqanna? She finds herself gasping as if the air were made of mud, as if her throat were closed and she couldn’t even cry out for help.

Her legs fail her and she falls to her knees, coughing and gasping. There are others around her suffering the same affliction and even if she could ask them what is happening, logic tells her that they would not be able to answer either. The strange burning and tingling sensation between her shoulders tells her they are all enduring exactly the same fate as herself. She gasps feebly, tries to stand, fails, and tries again. Fails.

<i>Why is this happening again?</i> she asks herself, retreating to her memories - memories of being trapped in a void, memories of being incapable of asking for help, incapable of returning to her family, incapable of breaking free from the jealous magic that had kept her trapped for so many years. <i>Why can’t I just be free?</i>

As if in answer to her mental questions, there is another sudden pain - this time it is a little more severe. It needles its way right down the line of her spine, right beside the original puncture of softer earth. This feels more like an implant than a needle’s sting and she gasps sharply as the small bit of stone embeds itself into her skin. Something between the two punctures feels strange, like a thread that sews them together with her own body as the cloth. She would cry out if she could but she also knows that she is made of stronger stuff than that. She clenches her jaw, frowns her eyes shut, and endures.

The pain is somewhat minimal, although entirely tangible; what’s strongest is the pull that tempts her toward the water. When she finds the will to open her eyes again, she sees Carnage as well as the others that have been brought with her - the ones she’d wanted to speak to before but couldn’t. A frown furrows her brow, but she listens. She does not know Carnage by name or face but she knows an authority figure when she sees one.

His instructions are strange to her, although the word “Pangea” stirs up some recognition in her vague memories. Still coughing, she takes his word as gospel and bolts for the waves as soon as she is allowed.

Once she has made it past the continental shelf and is allowed to dive further, finally breathing regularly (if a bit rapidly) again, she heaves a large sigh. No bubbles trace her descent. She wonders if this is a dream, like the ones she was fed by Camrynn when she’d been stolen, but then something scaly brushes against her side. Volcan turns her head and is startled to see some massive beast following her movements. Its neck is long, at least three times the length of her body, and its fins cause a massive disruption in the water so that she has to fight to keep swimming downard.

It only seems curious about her, bumping her haunch or shoulder occasionally but subsequently disrupting her progress. Its eyes are small but they stare at her readily as if waiting for the first sign of weakness they can find. Volcan never shows one - she has fought long and hard enough to give in to something she can finally touch (or at least control). Eventually, her annoyance gets the better of her and she lifts her head against the currents battling around her, focuses her attention, and turns the beast away with her telekinesis. <i>Let that be that,</i> she scoffs to herself, not bothering to look over her shoulder and instead continuing her journey downard with the others.

Finally, in the murky and abyssmal light of the ocean, something looms into sight. Could that be the kingdom the summoning-stallion had spoken of? The land that he’d lost and apparently needed them to…. Recover? Repair? Resurrect? She can still feel the twinging pain between her shoulders, as if the pieces beneath her skin were pulling her toward it and she acquiesces.

When she lands upon it the ground almost feels solid, like the earth in the Meadow or even the sandstone in Nerine. There is something strange about it, as if being underwater has made it somewhat soggy and yet there is still life within it. Volcan tilts her head and inspects it, but finds that her telekinesis does not work upon it. <i>What is this place?</i> she wonders as she glances around at the others who have made it this far. None of them seem to have the answer either.

For now, she waits. He’d said there would be further instructions, after all.
    </div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: what has fallen may rise again; ROUND I - by Pond - 09-08-2018, 11:05 AM