• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Can You Handle This Much Merry? ||Merry||
    She was nearly a year, and weaned from mother, it was all the easier to escape from her home. Father was so caught up in his new reign with Sylva that he does not notice when she slips away. The pastel green filly had made it to the forest, she was getting good at these trips! The sun was setting and father warned her about straying at night, but she disregarded his warnings. 

She pranced as she found herself in the heart of the forest, with each step the snow beneath her hooves crunched. There was a mixture of dead leaves, and evergreens that still stood in the harsh winter conditions. She much preferred the warmth of her home, but what was life without excitement? 

She prances into the opening of the forest, the little mane that she has gracefully flows as the winds caresses it. She does not care if others can see her, she feels free when she is not under the constant protection of her kingdom. Of course at the end of the day she did venture out here to befriend another, and so with it her eyes glance as she runs, in hopes of catching another.

@[Toli] sorry i suck at intro's but wanted to get this up for you<3
    She smelled of forest. That was the first thing he noticed. Granted, he should've noticed first that she was green, but he hadn't met many - or any - other horses yet and simply took it as normal. She wasn't like his Mommy, or him, but she was exactly like herself. That seemed normal enough, in his child's mind. He could only take it as fact and continue on.

So she smelled of forest. And he liked that.

He could only smell it faintly, since she was so far away. And running. She looked like she might be pretty fast, and honestly, he was perfectly content to just watch from where he was. He'd never met anyone else, and wasn't sure he wanted to. It seemed scary. What if she didn't like him?

So he huddled in his little shadowy place beside a tall tree, dusty blue eyes peering out quietly and watching her run and play, catching her eyes when she glanced around. And immediately blushing and looking away. Oh gosh, and hopefully she hadn't noticed him. He hadn't meant to interrupt her play! Was only watching. But watching everything! Not just her, not creepy or anything.

Oh, god, he was terrible at this, and did the best he could to sink deeper into the shadows to hide his growing blush, wishing that she truly hadn't caught sight of him.
    Life was so different, she was born in Loess but father was now the king of Sylva and so she calls Sylva home now. She had made friends in Loess and sometimes she misses the kingdom, so when she can escape to the forest she does not feel the burden of confusion. When she is running and no one is watching she feels free! No one can judge her.

She was running freely, she whipped her head around playfully, throwing a few bucks here and there as her adrenaline attempted to escape her body. She thought she was alone...but as her rear legs landed from a buck she caught the glimpse of another watching her. She instantly slid to a halt, her body flicked from pastel green to a blush pink dammit she thought to herself noticing the that her green was now gone. She still had trouble controlling her color when she had strong emotions, and often when he is embarrassed she will turn pink.

HEY! she yelled out, an attempt to sound brave. She closed her eye for a few moments and her pelt changed back to its original green Why are you hiding?! she yells out once again, this time she trots towards the hidden stranger. Why in the world was he hiding? Do they know who she is? If they wanted to play why wouldn't they just come and join her, it was creepy to stare.

@[Cimmerian]
    "HEY!"

Oh gosh, she was yelling at him! Oh no, he made her mad! But he didn't miss that she shuddered into a pretty pink, no longer soft green. And he couldn't take his surprised, quiet eyes off of her.

Then it was green again, and she was asking "why are you hiding?" and trotting --oh goodness!-- right towards him! He glanced around, hoping there was someone else she could be talking to, but no. No, he was all by himself, just as he liked it, right here in the shadows.

"I'm- I'm- um," he stuttered, blue eyes frazzled in nervousness and darting around him to search for escape or rescue. "I'm. Cimmerian." Oh. She hadn't asked his name. He blushed deeper.

"Not hiding," he mumbled softly, dropping his eyes to his little feet and ducking his head, dark hair in messy tufts. "I.. didn't mean to um." To what? Bother her? "Um."

It didn't matter. He couldn't seem to finish the sentence anyway. So he fell quiet.
    If he wanted to be friends he just had to ask! Why would he hide and watch her!? Mary did not have the most perfect manners, but at least her parents taught her to go and talk to others, not to hide in the shadows. Though she never learned to be reserved....something this colt obviously was, her outspoken response might scare him off before she can reach him.

His eyes grew wide and when she looks down her pelt was pink DAMMIT she thinks to herself. She flicks back to green but the hint of curiosity never leaves his eyes and it just irritates Mary more. She inquires why he was hiding and he looks around as if she was talking to someone else.

She finally reaches him, coming to a halt a few paces away awaiting his response. She gazes at him, and he can only stutter searching for an answer. He pauses looking for a response and when he speaks again he mutters Cimmerian she tilts her head. Did she ask for his name? Was he avoiding her initial question?

He pipes up again, not hiding his eyes fell to his feet and her own followed his. It all started to click and she looks at him with worry, was he really nervous of her? I didn't mean to he stutters again and she presses her muzzle to his shoulder. Perhaps the nicest gesture she has ever given I forgive you, my name is Mary. She introduces herself, a softly smile upon her maw. Where are you from? she inquires of his home kingdom.

@[Cimmerian]

His eyes fell to her coat again, he couldn't help it. He was pretty sure she was changing. Green to pink again, he thought. Yeah. Yeah she was definitely pink. And his eyes darted back to her face with a blush of his own, promptly ignoring that she was no longer the color she seemed to want to be.

It was okay, though.
    She kinda growled and made it go right again.

Her nose pressed to his shoulder and he lurched back in surprise, his blush deepening even further and eyes widening. Oh! Oh, gosh that was... Well, he just hadn't been expecting it, is all. And his eyes glanced around nervously, shyly. He hoped he hadn't upset her when he startled. Touching wasn't a bad thing, he didn't mean that by his surprise, of course.

"I forgive you, my name is Mary. Where are you from?"

He smiled suddenly, because that's what Mommy calls him! "I'm Merry too!" Oops, and immediately ducked his head to hide another blush. But he lifted it again, his head tilting to the side a little and eyes bright.

"I'm from the forest." He meant Taiga's forest, but he didn't realize it had a name, that it had ever been anything other than their forest. Their home.

"Where are you from?"
    He assumed a forest too.

[ Cimmerian ]

try to make a fire burn again

Mary
    She gently touched him, he jerked away, taken aback from her gesture. His eyes grew wide, a smile tugged at her lips, she thought his shyness was cute. Was she the first he has talked to? Or was he really just shy in nature? She wonders what it is like to be shy, she was born a talker, always seeking out someone to be in her company. Oh, sorry! I didn't... she apologizes, it was probably the proper thing to do after touching someone randomly.

Surely he changes, his shyness slowly fades away and a smile peers on his maw. I'm Merry too! he ecstatically shares, after she introduces herself. She tilts herself, she never imagined she would run into someone who shared the same name. Really?! she says elated in the change of his tone I guess we were destine to be friends! she does not ask, she already claims them as friends.

She asks where his home was, when he says the forest she looks at him confused. Sure Mary visited the forest to find some new friends...but she never knew equines lived her. Why did he not live in a kingdom? She just didn't understand, she was raised in kingdoms her whole life and never knew of a different approach.

Where are you from? he asks but she is still confused at his response. Sylva, why do you live in the forest? Doesn't it get lonely out here? Her orbs scan the forest, sure its fun to play in....but she would miss her tree barricaded kingdom, the vast equines that lived amongst her. Do you want to come to Sylva? Do you live here with anyone else? Maybe he did not have parents...that would make more sense...If he came to Sylva with her, she would have a friend that was her age.

Long May She Reign

@[Cimmerian]

She smiled, and said they were destined to be friends. That was pretty cool, it felt nice. Friends are good, and really, most of his can't talk back. They're all forest animals, which he loves, of course, but it's still nice to talk to someone other than just Momma on occasion. So this sounded like a good thing to him.

Sylva, she answered him. Her home. He'd never heard of it, but he kept a polite smile on his face anyway. She sounded pleased with it.

"Why do you live in the forest? Doesn't it get lonely out here?"

Out here, not out there. His brows lifted in surprise, but of course she would have no idea which forest he'd meant. "Oh. No, not this forest. I live in a different one. It's darker and quieter. It's just me and my Momma, mostly, and all the forest animals. I think there's other horses sometimes, but they seem to keep away." Or Momma makes them stay away. He hadn't really thought about it. She was a very protective momma though, always making sure they were so safe.

The girl, Mary, mentioned returning with her to her own home, Sylva. And he could only smile apologetically, and shake his dark little head. "Sorry, I think Momma very much likes our home. And I do too. I haven't found a panther to have for a friend yet, but I'm pretty sure I will someday! I have to keep trying, is all."

His head tilted at her, falling a little bashful again with a slight blush. "Maybe you could come help me look someday.."

[ Cimmerian ]

try to make a fire burn again

Mary
    He had a smile on his maw that matched her feelings, it was contagious and one of her own tugged at her lips. She asks were his home was and he responds that he does not love in this forest, but a different one. His 'forest' is darker, and quieter, he lives there alone with his mother. He says that sometimes a few equines will linger around, but they seem to stay away, her head tilts in confusion. Mary has never heard of such a place, nor a second forest, but of course she believed her new found friend.

That sounds nice the words slip her maw, it was the polite thing to say after all right? I mean, it could be fun to not be in a kingdom atmosphere, but Mary is also always finding time away from the kingdom because she is alone. Although the kingdom is highly populated, she rarely runs into anyone, and being alone was a fear she was not ready to face.

Mary offers him to come to Sylva but he shakes his head I think Momma very much likes our home, and I do too. He did not have to apologize, she understands, even though she does not like living under her fathers rule she could not see her living away from Sylva. I haven't found a pather to have for a friend yet he says I understand Merry saying her own name to another was weird, it caused a slight giggle to escape her maw.

His head tilts, he became slightly more reserved as he inquired her visiting to help him find the panther he spoke of. Yes!! She said ecstatically, not only because she wanted to remain his friend, but she LOVED exploring beqanna, what a perfect opportunity. I have never seen a panther before, I would love to help you! And to see your home her face expressed a genuine smile. If you ever find yourelf by Sylva, come visit me! She turns her head to look back towards her home I should probably head back Merry, my father will be looking for me when he finds I am missing. She sighs at the thought of leaving her friend I am glad I met you Mary her maw reaches over to gently touch his shoulder How will I know where to find your forest? She inquires, hoping to visit him soon.

Long May She Reign

@[Cimmerian]