• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am loathed to say it's the devil's taste; toli pony
    Münfaede
    When the dawn comes...

Everything darkened as his frustration rose; his face, the space around them, the shadows at his feet. Her eyes darted everywhere, then landed on him again, those vibrant emerald eyes that gleamed like a poison.

"Tell me the truth," he nearly growled, the coppery tang of blood in the air with them, tainting this with an added level of tension. But it was the truth. What else was she supposed to tell him? Everything? Obviously, she could not do that. Would not. "Tell me the truth or I will pry it from your mind myself."

Well, why the hell hadn't he, then? And perhaps her scowl said it for her.
    It was swiftly wiped from her face and replaced with fear, though. She'd upset him, commanded him to set her free. She wouldn't make that mistake again. Not at least for a few more minutes..

The invisible walls around them screamed closer, nearer, tightening their shared cage. She backed up anyway, shuffling to a corner. Thick, white fur flattened against the unseen walls, her silver eyes wild. He hadn't hurt her yet, but would he? Would she push him far enough? She should've handled this better. Each experience, she was learning so much more.

She was so inexperienced.

He was glaring down at her, and she swallowed hard. The truth. He still wanted the truth. She had given it, only not all of it. But why should she? She shouldn't. No matter how frightening he was. And as his jaw clenched, so did hers, mirroring his glare too while she was at it.

"Who are you? Why are you running?"
    She refused to answer! He would get her killed.
    She fought for survival.

She snarled, delicate lips curling up over sharp little teeth, and the noise itself was not much of anything. Fight overcame flight, and she readied herself. Her muscles coiled, pinched tight, then set loose, flying at his feet to run beneath him. Furry and furious, she stopped short, reached up to his taller belly and latched on with a purring little growl, digging her jaws into him as deep as she could.

Perhaps, if he bled enough, these walls would fail him.

...and the moon fades
    | Münfaede |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i am loathed to say it's the devil's taste; toli pony - by Münfaede - 10-14-2018, 07:03 PM