• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't be scared, sing your song, bring your soul to it; rhaegor
    Yessss! The dancy beam of light wiggled away so enticingly, and Xero pounced after it, bounding with unrestrained glee and trying so hard to catch it. It was tricksy and elusive, but that didn’t stop her from giving it her very bestest shot, and rushing after it with bouncy, excited little hops until--oh!

The light beam was utterly forgotten with the loud crash of a whole person falling out of the sky! “Oh my goodness!” Xero exclaimed, racing over to make sure he wasn’t broked. “Are you okay? That is a very long way to fall!” She skidded to a halt right in front of him and immediately started fussing over him, brushing his hair off his face, nosing at his pretty wings to make sure they weren’t hurt.

“Oh, my poor friend! The ground is hard, and trees look nice but they’re sneaky mean! You gotta be careful. I know, they trippified me too with their tricksy, so rude roots, and made me tumble all the way down to the ground and smash my poor face. Are you alright?”

She nudged a few feathers back into place with her nose, and plucked a little branch out of his mane with her teeth. Tossed it to the ground, gave it one good stomp, and huffed, “No, bad stick. He’s not your friend, he’s my friend, and I’m not gonna share with you. You did not play nice with him. Go away.”

And then of course her attention was back on her brand new friend, who she nudged gently to make sure he was actually still alive though. “Sorry about that. Sometimes you gotta teach ‘em ‘cause they got bad manners. Look how they let you fall and didn’t even catch you at all! That is very inconsiderate. I would’ve caught you but you woulda smushed me good. Hi, my name’s Xero! You wanna be my friend?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't be scared, sing your song, bring your soul to it; rhaegor - by Xero - 10-03-2018, 02:30 PM