• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

He's clearly not as receptive as I'd've hoped, but we can't always have nice things. I trudge forward with my niceties regardless, intent on displaying the true neutrality of Hyaline, even if it made me seem two faced. I don't have to explain my marital problems to the local monarchies; let them talk shit about me behind my back. I have Solace now; forever.

And I have the scar to show for it, from ear to nostril, a slash across my face to remind me that I am nothing without her.

He speaks to the disappointment I'm sure to receive, but frankly, I have very little expectation for Loess. When I arrived here in Beqanna, the one who is now my captive had 'ruled'; then Arthas came, but with him, no threat or activity. Although I hold more respect for the yellow stallion before me, it goes without being said that if he wants his kingdom to be a force to be reckoned with, they'll have to do something more.

But more doesn't mean war.

He next speaks with more ingenuity, though follows the sincerity up with useless bantering about my councilwoman. My ears flick distastefully at the mention of it, though certainly not because he brought it up, more because I'm not exactly a fan of what I've heard of Ilma's doings. But the rest of my face stays carefully composed, the flick of my ear easily waved away as catching the sound of a foal whining to their mother not far off.

"I appreciate that we can recognize the unfortunate nature of our meeting," I begin evenly once he has finished. "And I furthermore recognize that that does not excuse the actions of my kingdom." Or yours, I add silently.

"I came here today to offer you a half-sentence release of Lepis." I pause, a significant moment; but it is clear I have more to say. "However your child-queen is being a pain in my ass. That being said, I'd love for her to stop being a pain in my ass. That being said, the last time I assumed that Loess and Hyaline were on ass-painless terms, Lepis was trying to steal my highest ranking diplomat for a full term without reasoning or impetus."

"I'm more than inclined to return her to you if you want her so badly. However, I'm going to need some clarification on where forgetting gets us."

@[Wolfbane] I forgot to mention that her face is like, horribly disfigured now.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Wolfbane - by Kagerus - 09-04-2018, 11:23 PM