• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What Goes Around, Comes Around {Solace}
    Since becoming Queen of Loess -ah that has a nice ring to it doesn't it- she had made it her mission to learn all of what was happening within the lands.  Well, it wasn't too difficult with supernatural hearing, she could eavesdrop on conversations a mile away. So when a little birdie whispered that a Loess member had been stolen to Hyaline, she decided in that moment that a visit was needed, it had been years since she had spoken with her "sister"...

Winter's chill was thickening her coat, much to her dismay -it always made her look, poofy.  Though it did make the cold more bearable, she wasn't sold on its necessity.  The white flakes were falling once again in Loess, as she moved through the lands -north- just before dawn.  With speed unknown to most creatures, she barely left tracks in her wake.  If one was to attempt to follow them, they may find crucial pieces missing of the trail.  With such speed, her travels to Hyaline takes mere moments in comparison to lesser beings.  Her only halt is at the border, where her dished profile rises to catch scent of those within the valley.  

A gentle breeze drifts by, wafting the scent of many but she strategically filters the one she seeks, Solace.  A grin curls the corners of her lips, exposing the razor sharp canines extending from her upper jaw.  A brief pause is given before she dodges into the shadows of dawn that stretched across the land, cloaked in a light dusting of crystallized water...

Sienna eyes trace along the edges of tree and land to find the butterscotch and baby blue mare.  A light backsplash of winter white, made the winged creature picturesque.  Envy was an ugly thing, but she could not deny how she envied her sisters beauty. 

As she comes to rest within sight and speaking distance -mindful of the shift of shadow- she calls out her greeting, "Solace... Sister... it has been too long." A smirk quirks at her lips but not enough to flash a toothy grin.  Her gaze regards the splashed mare with familiarity and she wonders if there is the same recognition on the other end.  They were every bit mirror opposites of one another, and only a fool would believe they truely shared bloodlines...
    Kaurma
    What goes around, comes around

@[Solace] <3
    Be Warned:
    She exhibits Compulsion and 
    will try to use it to get info
    or whatever she is needing.
    PM me with ?'s or concerns!

The clip of a hoof on stone, the pressure of eyes on the back of her head. 

Somethings causes Solace to turn, just in time to watch the shadow walker's eyes scan her figure. A brow cocks in curiosity, but nothing more; this close to the southern border she was prepared for anything...  considering the current political climate. 

"Kaurma," Solace greets her one-time dependent with her typical composure and a slight dip of her head. Their younger years may be known only to them now and even those memories may be distorted by time, but Solace would never truly forget the strange circumstances of their first meeting.

She is relieved to see that the bay filly has matured and seemingly found her own way, a sentiment which softens her cerulean gaze momentarily. At first glance, Kaurma appeared healthy and confident, and Solace tries not let her mind leap to conclusions - despite the scent of one particular kingdom rolling off her in waves. 

But her sister's closed-lip smirk does little to lift Solace's expectations of the conversation to come, and even less to disguise the fangs she knows lie below those darkened lips. Despite their history (or maybe because of it), Solace remains neutral, yet on her guard. 

"You have the look of a woman on a mission," the gold-splashed caretaker suggests with her first hint of a grin.  "I think it's more than just love of a long lost sister which brought you back, and honestly, I'm intrigued."

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Neo] So sorry for the wait!!! Feel free to time-hop a little of it fits your plot idea better
    The vampress remains well within her shadowed border.  Solace, of all others, should know her weaknesses and that in itself is a weakness to the bay mare.  She doesn't suppose she needs to voice her strengths either, as her sister also knows those and why one should choose their words carefully.  It is Solaces recognition of her and the voice that trails off into mild accusations that causes a toothy grin to now form upon black lips. 

The chill of winter remains high in the hills of Hyaline, leaving the valley below better suited for life.  She may prefer the solitude of those mountainous caves but a child needs protection.  This is her plight today in coming to Hyaline.  Her child would be sought after and Loess was not safe for it, her.  So she is quick to indulge Solaces interests, "I am not sure you are aware, but I am pronounced Queen of Loess."  Her statement is simply factual and not a boast of rank, "I am sure you are aware of the kingdoms standing within Beqanna and I am afraid I cannot allow my daughter to be a pawn for the amusement of men and their battle of size..." She nearly snickers at her own jest, "If you know what I mean."  Her sienna eyes turn to the length of darkness behind her cast by the coniferous trees, studying the shadows, "Come out Kreed." The command of her powers draws a winged, dark fawn filly from their cover and stops at her side.

Her view turns to the light mare and beckons a question, "Can she remain in Hyaline?"  Her golden eyes do not pry the wanted answer forcefully from Solaces lips.  She knows her sister could never turn away a child in danger... 
    Kaurma

@[Solace] ok HUGE time jump XD TaDaaa baby lol
    Be Warned:

Kaurma is full of surprises.

"I was not," Solace answers her visitors blunt statement with building curiosity. "But I can't say I'm surprised. Congratulations." She means it as a compliment, and her voice holds no sarcasm. She knows that ruling is not an easy task and crowns are hard to keep.

Hyaline's Caretaker is about to push the topic further, drive the conversation of the inevitable cliff of diplomacy when the vampiric mare takes them on another unexpected detour. 

"Women tend to move the pieces form here on north," Solace replies, and this time it is her turn to flash a cool grin, knowing that such a thought would be deliciously tempting to her cunning stepsister. But her focus is quickly, and easily, redirected to the child as Kaurma calls Kreed from the shadows. 

Solace takes several steps closer but still remains outside of an easy reach when their conversation takes this sensitive turn. Her cerulean eyes drift over the filly, her features softening ever so slightly. Solace would be hard pressed to think of a situation in which she would refuse sanctuary to a child.

"Of course she can." The mother of five confirms her foster-sister's suspicion as her head lifts again to meet her gaze, queen to queen. 

"But who, if I may ask..." she adds in a tone that suggests it is more for formality than actual consideration, "...is the sire? For the girl's safety, it would be best if we knew who she was being shielded from." 

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Neo]
    Solghostdoll2

The trials of their kingdoms were in the hands of others wims and she would not wish that her property get twisted within greedy hands.  She much adored her trinkets and were rather possessive of them, Kreed was no exception.  Loess just wasn't the place to raise a child and honestly, she probably wasn't the best to do so.  One day she would return for her daughter, when her safety was assured.  There was no telling what the father may do to keep good on his promise.  It would be advised to claim it a stillborn and put the matter to rest.

She gives her sister a genuine smile and then looks down upon her spawn.  Eyes intently waiting for the girl to look up at her name, "Kreed," -the filly looks up with silver-gold eyes- "Until we meet again you will not remember me.  Solace will take care of you and you will call her family your own.  Forget you ever knew me." 

That was all the bay vampiress speaks before she simply vanishes into the darkness of the landscape.  No trace of her existence is left behind, cept for the fawn girl staring blankly for a moment.  Her eyes eventually finding their view and all she sees is the blue and gold pegasus... "Solace?" She tries the namesake on her lips cause it is all she remembers of her short life...
    Kaurma
    @[Solace] Who knew a vampire could be so selfless?! XD I'd say she is 4 months so weaned early
    Be Warned: