• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I praise the Lord, then break the law || Any Fae ||

WOLFBANE

Dawn broke, and with it came the soaring form of Wolfbane. Just because his life and the lives of those around him were shifting significantly, keeping them from settling into complacent peace, it didn’t mean he could take his own oaths lightly.

He’d asked them to support a takeover - no light feat - and three had responded to the call. Rey asked for nothing and preferred her anonymity (why she’d gone to Sylva in the first place is beyond him) so that was what he’d give her; Titus and Vulgaris, however, deserved more.

For Titus at least there could be this: Bane’s choice to exert himself and petition the powers beyond his means. Something his sire had always warned was to never dabble with magic (nothing was ever truly free, after all) but the young Lord of Loess is keen on his history.

Once there had been magic rampant, Kings and Queens doling it out themselves to committed members but always with the power tied to their respective homeland. Wolfbane reasons that just like the old ways there’s still a sliver of that possibility left, that his flying to the side of the mountain for a wicked hike will show his intent to give Loessians a means of making themselves greater.

He only hopes the powers beyond might see it as well.

Landing cliffside, the oddly-patterned pegasus buffets himself against roaring wind and snow, digging into the icy precipice for a foothold. Farther up the air was too thin and much too cold for flight, so a slippery trudge will have to do. He’s determined, though. Neither the hurtful trips or freezing temperatures will deter him from his goal and at last, when he’s knocked himself silly from a misstep, he rises once more to see a clearing in the skyline.

A trickle of blood pools into his left eye; he’s cut himself.

“I’m overstepping myself, I know.” The panting stallion begins, feeling the cut freeze painfully, “Titus is brave and deserving, surely you can see that. I won’t always be able to be there and protect him, or all of them for that matter.”

“But you can help him defend himself - much better than I can - and in a world like ours, young flighty stallions need all the help they can get.”
    He smiles ironically, blinking against the nearness of the sun.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Officials]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    “Yes, you do,” she says simply, materializing out of a particularly cold gust of wind. The leaves of her mane and tail billow in the breeze, though she looks unconcerned about the cold. The blood on his face is clear enough, though she does not heal it for him. It’s a small price to pay for a large reward. “You have hardly been there to protect him as it is, it seems.” she continues, unimpressed with a leader that had to have his position threatened before kicking himself into gear again. “And the best protection you can offer him is not magic, but self-sufficiency. Training.”

Her words are cool, though not unkind. Wysteria simply has no tolerance for pleasantries or niceties. After all this time, she’s simply seen too much to waste time on such nonsense. It doesn’t benefit those that seek her or her sisters. “At least, however, you do not ask for yourself. I will grant you this request, but in exchange, I expect you to devote some time to giving all of them more than a measly parlor trick. Train them to fend for themselves and you will give them a real gift.” For a moment, the wind picks up again, the swirls along her body glowing with the magic that she gives to him to bestow as a gift. Then, without another word, she disappears.

@Wolfbane
    Please tag in replies