• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Heard We Were Friends [All]
    To say that Nalia had been excited to begin the challenge Scorch administered her was an understatement, and she was currently on the lookout for new recruits whenever she paid a visit to the Field. However, one day, only a few after her last conversation with Scorch, her curiosity grew too much for her to continue ignoring it.

She'd seen the kingdom plenty of times on her trips to and from the Field, flying over its grassy rocky expanse before passing Hyaline's borders. The land of the saltwater springs, filled with tropical plants the likes of which the filly had never seen before. She could only see it from a distance at first, because she didn't want to show up unannounced, but after questioning another Nerine kingdom member about the others, she heard the greatest piece of news she could receive to satisfy her boiling curiosity.

Loess and Nerine were in an alliance, something that made the filly's heart jump with excitement. She grew more fascinated about the kingdom of Loess every time she passed over it, doing so at such a height that she could see what lay below but not be seen as a threat since more than likely, no horse in Loess knew who she was. But hopefully now, they would, at the very least a comrade in battle if not a friend.

But she sincerely hoped she'd have at least one friend when she paid a visit to this lovely kingdom; she didn't want all her meetings to be awkward if she ever came here with another Nerine kingdom member and had to explain herself.

Early in the morning, the sun barely peaking over the horizon, Nalia left the small grove she frequented back home and took to the skies, planning on landing outside Loess' border before making her presence known. Also, she doubted her wings would only get tired; they weren't meant to help her hover for long periods of time, and she wouldn't do that just to keep her hooves from touching the rocks.

The wind blew through the filly's mane as she flew over the outside border of Nerine and crossed into Hyaline, gazing down as she did so. She would eventually pay a visit to Hyaline one day as well; what she might even end up doing was passing through the kingdom to introduce herself on her way home. That decision was up to debate, since for right now her attention was solely focused on getting to know Loess' residents and leader.

Within an hour of leaving Nerine, the filly found herself flying over the Loess kingdom, her muscular wings spreading out and propelling her through the air as she passed over the mountains. At one point, she passed so low over the highest mountain top that had she reached out with her hooves, she could've touched it, but she didn't want to end up with a broken pastern; that would've happened going at her current speed. She could already smell the saltwater and fresh flora that Loess used to hide its secrets and beauty, the filly letting out an excited, but quiet, whinny at the prospect of discovering what new adventures lay in this place.

However, if there was one rule she would abide by, it was politeness. Despite being in an alliance with Loess, she knew she couldn't just drop in, so instead, what she did was circle around to an area of the border close to some of the springs and fresh plants, really wanting to see them up close for herself.

Nalia tucked her wings and dove for the ground, performing a daring maneuver that always got her blood rushing. A few moments from striking the earth, the filly spread out her large wings to slow her descent, barely managing to do so in time. She landed on the ground a bit rough, but her legs had toughened from years of practice to try and get that maneuver right. Of course, to spare her limbs, she didn't do it all the time, just when she wanted a little excitement.

Folding in her wings to avoid hitting any of the trees, the filly took in a breath as she looked at the line that made up the border. Of course, it wasn't visible in a sense of being marked by a claw scratch on a tree, or blood painting the rocks; she just felt it was here, like she did with Nerine and Hyaline since they shared one. So, steeling herself, the filly stepped over the border, her eyes scanning the trees to watch for any that might sneak up on her.

The trees weren't incredibly thick, for she could look up and see the blue sky above, but the trunks were sturdy and, out of curiosity, she experimented by kicking one with her back hoof. She felt a small vibration rattle her leg, shaking the uncomfortable feeling out before continuing on. Yep, that had been a bad idea; there was no way she'd be able to kick those things down unless they'd already fallen over themselves.

A few small brush marred her path, so the filly pushed through them, her nose taking in all the wonderful, unique scents the air carried in her direction. She smelled all kinds of new things; flowers, trees, the saltwater. Yes, she'd seen flowers and trees before, but nothing like this, evidence by what she saw next.

Since she'd crossed the border not far from the foot of the mountain, the trees and brush cleared away to reveal a small outcrop of saltwater springs surrounded by the flora this kingdom was so known for. An excited whinny escaped Nalia's lips as she cantered forward to investigate, sticking her muzzle near the flowers to smell them. The sweet scent caused Nalia to let out a content sigh, her senses tickled by this mysterious flower and wondering what it was called.

The saltwater springs were equally fascinating, but Nalia did live near the ocean out in Nerine so she wasn't particularly excited yet. Instead, she continued to investigate the flowers before a nagging thought pushed its way to the front of her brain.

Oh shoot, she forgot something really important didn't she? The filly paced back and forth for a moment to try and remember, then, it hit her like a bolt of lightning. She tilted her head back and let out a call, not incredibly loud to avoid damaging the sensitive ears of other horses like her. She was sending out a friendly call, wondering who would be willing to come and meet with her so she could introduce herself and see what the horses who lived in Loess were like. While she waited, she busied herself with the flowers again, absently wondering if she could pick one and sneak it back to Nerine to enjoy its beauty before remembering it wouldn't survive long outside it's home.
    Simple things in life did not amuse the bayed mare.  Sprinting through a meadow of poppies seemed mundane at best, and so from afar, she watches the steel and crystal pinto frolick about carelessly along shared borders.  Feathered wings now folded at her sides whilst she looks about, all grins and giggles.  It takes all Kaurma's strength to not roll her eyes *eye roll*. Oops.  She chuckles to herself while hidden in the shadows of a nearby grove of trees.

Her ears press back against her tawny hide, when the filly traipses onto Loess soil.  Completely unawares to the danger she has put herself in, but it just so happens that these borders are communal to Nerine -at least until the first of the year.  So it is her own displeasure that pulls her closer to where the girl has stopped.  Looking lost or at least perplexed, until a spark of genius comes forth from her simple mind to remind her of manners...

Oh, she will be reminded.

The call rings out and -with much sensitive hearing- Kaurma winces at the noise.  She scuffs as all quiets once again and looks back to the filly who examines some flowers.  Sienna eyes narrow on just what intentions this horse had here and so curiosity drives her to appear within the shadowed edge of the grove, "How about you be a little louder next time... I don't think  everyone  heard you." A malicous grin sweeps across her lips, she was fluent in only a few things -sarcasm being one.

She waits for the mare to turn her direction, expecting the usual hi, hellos, how are yous.  Best to cut that off right here, "I do hope you are from Nerine, as trespassing has dire consequences." It wasn't a threat, more a friendly reminder(I said she would be reminded).  Her eyes examine the much-to-sweet looking mare, "Are you lost?  For surely someone of your... disposition, would not just waltz into a foreign kingdom." Perhaps the young mare was just that naive, but that would be too perfect for the vampress.  Fragile minds were so much more fun to play with... 
    Kaurma
    What goes around, comes around

@[Nalia] I do hope for your sake someone else enters this thread XD Kaurma could have too much fun with this Wink
    Be Warned:
    She exhibits Compulsion and 
    will try to use it to get info
    or whatever she is needing.
    PM me with ?'s or concerns!

Nalia was caught by surprise when the newcomer showed up, causing the filly to have a sharp intake of breath. Unfortunately, some of the flower pollen had gotten in her nose in the process, so before she could even offer a response, the filly sneezed quite loudly, shaking her head once she'd done so to try and get rid of the clogged feeling in her nostrils.

Blowing more air out of her nose, the filly turned to see who had come to greet her. The mare looked to be around Nalia's age and height, her bay coloring reflecting a brilliant milky chocolate color in the sunlight. Her nose dipped in at the bridge, something Nalia had seen on some of the other horses here. Since she grew up in a herd outside Beqanna, she was unfamiliar with the breed this mare was; the only ones Nalia knew of were her own, a paint, and mustang, a term her dam had used to refer to the stallion that had taken over the herd and made it impossible for Nalia to remain with her dam to meet her little brother or sister.

But Nalia had to admit, despite the oddity of her nose, this mare was rather pretty. Her mane and tail were a dark ebony in color, a stark contrast to the white star and snip on her forehead and nose. She also had small rings of white around her powerful hooves. However, there was one discerning feature that clearly stood out to the filly.

That feature was the fact that this mare had what appeared to be the teeth of a predator. Nalia couldn't see how long they actually were, but the corners poked out at the edge of her lips. The fact that she was grinning at Nalia in a manner that made the filly uneasy didn't help to hide such an oddity, and, unfortunately, Nalia stared at them a second too long before she realized the mare had addressed her.

Snorting to regain her thoughts, Nalia gave the mare a friendly smile, trying to remain positive, "Hi there. Yes, I'm from Nerine; I joined about a moon ago when Ardashir brought me there. And, uh, no, I don't think I'm lost," she offered with a head tilt, her eyes looking up a moment to think, "I'd heard that Nerine and Loess were allied kingdoms, so I wanted to come here and see what this place was like. I heard it had the most beautiful flora in all of Beqanna, and I had to see for myself. And maybe there were some horses here I could get to know and be friends with too."

Through all of this, Nalia kept the grin plastered on her face; to some, it may seem fake, but the filly's friendly attitude made it seem genuine. She could be a bit over the top sometimes, mostly because she hadn't been taught when to back off and be careful. Hopefully this new mare wouldn't teach her a brutal lesson regarding that matter.

@[Kaurma] If no one else comes, oh well. Nalia would probably bounce back but it might do her good to get knocked down a peg or two and see that she needs to be careful with her friendly disposition around here sometimes
    The child startles when she finds she is being stalked(yes stalked, thats what predators do).  To her displeasure, the girl confirms what she had suspected, she is from Nerine and thus untorturable. For now.  

Lucky for you

Not being one for small talk or jibber jabber without purpose, she thinks of a way to end this interaction with least amount of casualties as possible... Okay, who are we kidding here, she liked the thought of casualties, BUT being on her best behavior she makes a decision.

With a faux smile(it almost looked believable save the fangs) she smoothly replies, "I heard Nerine was to be recruiting for Loess... Did you succeed?" A curl of one lip threatened to look a tad more devious, her head swivels from left to right in search of this tribute the Nerinian has brought...

Not seeing anyone she tsks lightly between fanged jaws, "I see you have failed... What good is this alliance if you are not contributing, may I ask?"   Her golden eyes narrow on the girl with twisted thoughts.  She could make her do such wicked things, this simple minded girl seeking friendship in a kingdom who only wants her servitude.  What little useless purpose she could serve that is...

Her lips twist in a serious manner, "Maybe I can find a different purpose for you..."  Her eyes lift in thought.  Suddenly her serious expression turns to amusement, "I am bored... I want to see your Queen.  Take me to her."  Her gaze upon the girl is forceful, commanding even...
    Kaurma
    What goes around, comes around

@[Nalia] She is using her compulsion to have Naila bring her to Breckin... for funsies cuz I wasn't sure how dark you would want Kaurma to go and she is bored asf lol
    Be Warned:
    She exhibits Compulsion and 
    will try to use it to get info
    or whatever she is needing.
    PM me with ?'s or concerns!

Nalia didn't seem offset by the mare's smile that was offset by the predator-like fangs peeking out from under her lips. Or, if she was, the filly certainly didn't show it. The mare questioned if Nalia had brought any horse here to Loess with her, something that the filly was unaware that she had to do to even set hoof in the kingdom.

As the mare looked around, Nalia offered up, "Well, no, not this time. I just came to Loess to pay a visit and see what was here. I've been going to the Field too, but I haven't seen any horse that I could bring back to either home or Loess."

The mare seemed irritated about that, questioning Nalia's worth. This offended the filly, for even though she was young, naive, and had a lot to learn about the world, she had a sturdy head on her shoulders and did not like being talked down to like she was a foal.

Especially not from a mare who was shorter (even by an inch) than Nalia herself was. Not seeing how the mare's eyes narrowed, the filly stomped a hoof and shot back, "I haven't failed anything yet! I've tried, I've gone to the Fields. I've just been unlucky so far. And I haven't even met you yet really, so how can you judge me before I even have a chance to prove myself?"

A moment of silence was strung between the filly and the mare before the latter stated she thought of another purpose for Nalia. At first, the filly was curious to what that was, until she felt something strange stir in her gut. The mare's expression changed before she asked Nalia to take her to see Nerine's current queen. Nalia wouldn't have an issue with that normally, but something in the mare's gaze had changed, and it caused an unsettling feeling to make a home in Nalia's belly. She didn't like this one bit. She could refuse, tell the mare that-

But suddenly, the filly's thoughts changed. Completely unaware that she was under the mare's influence, not knowing a power such as the one being used on her even existed and this being her first time, Nalia's eyes glossed over for a moment, like she'd suddenly gone blind. Then, her hazel eyes brightened and cleared again, but behind the veil of cheerfulness and innocence, was a string of darkness, invisible to the eye, an indicator of the influence the mare held over Nalia until the filly fulfilled the request.

Nalia smiled at the mare, "Okay then. Follow me and I can take you to Breckin. It might take a little time because she likes to be alone sometimes, but I'm sure we can find her." The filly turned and started walking in the direction of Nerine, unknowingly being pushed by the mare's influence and every so often glancing back behind her to make sure her travel companion was keeping pace.

@[Kaurma] I'll go ahead and throw a post up in Nerine later on today.