• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Heard We Were Friends [All]
    Nalia didn't seem offset by the mare's smile that was offset by the predator-like fangs peeking out from under her lips. Or, if she was, the filly certainly didn't show it. The mare questioned if Nalia had brought any horse here to Loess with her, something that the filly was unaware that she had to do to even set hoof in the kingdom.

As the mare looked around, Nalia offered up, "Well, no, not this time. I just came to Loess to pay a visit and see what was here. I've been going to the Field too, but I haven't seen any horse that I could bring back to either home or Loess."

The mare seemed irritated about that, questioning Nalia's worth. This offended the filly, for even though she was young, naive, and had a lot to learn about the world, she had a sturdy head on her shoulders and did not like being talked down to like she was a foal.

Especially not from a mare who was shorter (even by an inch) than Nalia herself was. Not seeing how the mare's eyes narrowed, the filly stomped a hoof and shot back, "I haven't failed anything yet! I've tried, I've gone to the Fields. I've just been unlucky so far. And I haven't even met you yet really, so how can you judge me before I even have a chance to prove myself?"

A moment of silence was strung between the filly and the mare before the latter stated she thought of another purpose for Nalia. At first, the filly was curious to what that was, until she felt something strange stir in her gut. The mare's expression changed before she asked Nalia to take her to see Nerine's current queen. Nalia wouldn't have an issue with that normally, but something in the mare's gaze had changed, and it caused an unsettling feeling to make a home in Nalia's belly. She didn't like this one bit. She could refuse, tell the mare that-

But suddenly, the filly's thoughts changed. Completely unaware that she was under the mare's influence, not knowing a power such as the one being used on her even existed and this being her first time, Nalia's eyes glossed over for a moment, like she'd suddenly gone blind. Then, her hazel eyes brightened and cleared again, but behind the veil of cheerfulness and innocence, was a string of darkness, invisible to the eye, an indicator of the influence the mare held over Nalia until the filly fulfilled the request.

Nalia smiled at the mare, "Okay then. Follow me and I can take you to Breckin. It might take a little time because she likes to be alone sometimes, but I'm sure we can find her." The filly turned and started walking in the direction of Nerine, unknowingly being pushed by the mare's influence and every so often glancing back behind her to make sure her travel companion was keeping pace.

@[Kaurma] I'll go ahead and throw a post up in Nerine later on today.

Messages In This Thread
    I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Nalia - 09-05-2018, 08:56 PM
    RE: I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Kaurma - 09-06-2018, 09:00 PM
    RE: I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Nalia - 09-06-2018, 11:32 PM
    RE: I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Kaurma - 09-08-2018, 10:18 PM
    RE: I Heard We Were Friends [All] - by Nalia - 09-10-2018, 10:13 AM