• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Kromium/Warrick
    Kromium
    Blood is Thicker than Water

As he had known, the bay was not short of words or information.  Krom settles into the space he occupied, to listen attentively to all that is said by the Ischian King.  His only movements no more than a flicker of ear or twitch of muscle.

His emerald gaze does not leave the bay, but behind the glass his brain works quickly to decipher the messages within the speech.  He finds it odd how quickly ranks have changed since he too met with Arthas, or perhaps the stallion had been playing him the entire time.  He would reserve judgement on the matter and engage in what was at hand.

When Brennen finishes with an inquiry of his plans, Krom mulls it over with an adjustment of his posture before speaking, "It seems only yesterday that I too had met Arthas... Though he introduced himself as champion of Loess.  How quickly ambitions change."  His gaze focuses more strongly on the bay as he addresses the question asked, "I will do what is best for Tephra.  I wouldn't say from first impressions, that Arthas is a murder, especially of children... But his comrade, Vulgaris, did suggest I give up a child of Tephra as a sign of my proposed peace between our lands.  Of course I denied them and sent them on their way." A twist of his emerald ear brings his crown to turn and look to the lands, "I do not want them as enemies, but I will not separate families to establish a simple concept of armistice.  If they wish to cause a war I will not hesitate to bring one to them, but I prefer that as last resort." He thinks of his mother, of the children Brennen has lost, of his own family and their safety, of his home and its people.  His gaze return to Brennens again, "I am sorry for your loss Brennen, and if I shall find out who murdered your children I will be sure to inform you.  I am unsure I can trust a kingdom for hire, which Loess claims to be, to have good intentions and Sylva has a long history of wrongdoings, no doubt.  If they should be working together, your war may still come.  I do not want rivals nor will I fight someone else's battles, but if they should threaten Tephra and its people in any way, again, I will join the cause to end atrocity."  

He quiets, awaiting what is to be Brennens response...

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Kromium/Warrick - by Kromium - 09-11-2018, 09:21 AM