• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thundrous (break)

(So my first post was so terrible it didn’t really explain where my A.D.D. mind was going there XD but she’s UP in a tree. I’ll make it flow because I totally didn’t proof read my nonsense, I just let it fall out and then apparently expected you to decipher ;p Sorry, boo. I’ll fix it’s nonsense with this one, hopefully. I’m picturing something like this tree, but no structures or anything, and in winter.)

The snow is so fresh and the tumbling flakes so deafening between thunder blows, she cannot hear his approach below. She is in the top of the pitted ash, fire aglow, simply staying warm when she hears a voice call out. The stranger’s greeting is barely audible when she peers down at him through the branches. Her odd silhouette probably betraying the oddness of her form – she’s not sure what to do and doesn’t think about much beyond that the stranger might need a little help…it’s cold?

The arbor’s inner trunk is pleasantly hollowed for travel up and down when one cannot fly, or in her case, cannot wet their delicate wings. She emerges through an arch at the base of the tree’s trunk, just beside where the stranger stands, questioning the glow above. Her ears bend back with thought, and a smile glimmers across her pale lips. “Fire is fine.” She blinks with her big olive green eyes, flipping her ears forward curiously, stepping forward out of the tree’s opening. The canopy of oddly woven branches spread out for hundreds of feet in a protected radius, keeping the snow from gathering beneath it in great quantities.

Olea shivers as she steps out a few more steps, looking the stranger over politely in case he’s in obvious distress. The chilly air bites her golden skin making her inhale sharply and clench her papery wings against her body. A crack of thunder booms above and then trails off, the sounds moving south and soon the snows will let up, she predicts. She doesn’t stare at him, but instead out to the dark oblivion of a stormy night, waiting for something to break the silence or the cold.

Oleandar
    the moth-child of elysium & city

@[Break]

Messages In This Thread
    thundrous (break) - by OLEANDAR - 09-06-2018, 12:23 PM
    RE: thundrous (break) - by Break - 09-08-2018, 12:14 PM
    RE: thundrous (break) - by OLEANDAR - 09-09-2018, 08:53 AM
    RE: thundrous (break) - by Break - 09-11-2018, 05:41 PM
    RE: thundrous (break) - by OLEANDAR - 09-24-2018, 08:05 AM