• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Vulgaris;
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

Shiya’s path to his heart had begun to overgrow and erase any trace of her ever being there but she blazes through it as if by magic now. Hell, he practically rolled out the red carpet and carried her there himself. He swore he’d boarded up everything he had left and abandoned it but it all comes back without a speck of dust to be found despite the time. The throne of his love is still warm from when she last claimed it, even. A slow sigh slips over his lips and across her skin as she trails her touch over him. Something reptilian and primal purrs in the depths of his throat as he reclines beneath her kiss.

His whole in one grain of sand, minuscule beside the enormity of her importance in his life, and he gives it to her like a mortal before his god. He nods slowly at her single spoken word as he savors every second of her heat melting into his until they are fused perfectly together. No one knew the burden of their curse; no one could ever dream to comprehend the ravenous hunger and the desperate aches of being so hated by whatever powers may be.

He lays his tired head across her back and basks in her radiance. The curves of her face are soft like their mother’s while he bears the sharp angles of their father’s stern expressions, a perfect reflection of the devotion that bore them. Vulgaris has always thought it was a sign that they were crafted for one another. Fate laid them in the same cradle so they would never know a life without the other. How lucky they are, to find their missing piece so easily while others die searching for their hand to hold. The pain of other disappointments and heartbreaks must have been punishment for denying what they were made for.

He lifts his head when she speaks again and rests his face against hers so that their scales touch. Shiya whispers how she’s missed him and he smiles softly. “I see you,” he says. Vulgaris knows that she will understand, that she will see him as well. Their pain is nothing but old scars when they are together, but they remember what it’s like to hurt. Each of the serpents can see into the wounds of the other without effort and find a masterpiece in the ashes.

I love you,” he repeats as he closes his eyes. “I love you.

Prince of deceit, vile wyrm, he knows that this is wrong. He should not slip so easily into her embrace and her words should not be a catalyst to the lust that fuels him. But still, he smiles in defiance of what should be. Still, he swallows all the sin that pours in and over his mind like nectar in a desert.

I’m so sorry,” he says but not for what. Maybe it’s for leaving, maybe it’s for pledging his heart to another. Even he isn’t sure but one thing is clear to him even now: one of them will have to pay for this.

@[Shiya]

Messages In This Thread
    Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-07-2018, 12:47 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-07-2018, 01:27 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-07-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-07-2018, 02:55 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-08-2018, 12:57 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-09-2018, 01:08 AM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-09-2018, 06:40 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-11-2018, 11:08 PM