• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Vulgaris;
    Shiya
    She leans into his touch, unable to pull away as though her life would wither away without him. Hold me, she wants to say, never let me go, but the words go unbidden. They whisper and echo in her mind as her eyes close gently underneath his warm breaths. This moment is too perfect to end. Everything in her soul wants to be here, with him, reunited under the winter solstice. ”I’m sorry it took me so long,” she groans in response, hating herself for having rejected their love for so many years. She didn’t realize the magnetism between their hearts or the beauty that could blossom from something so sinful. What would their parents say? It’s a fleeting thought that Shiya barely recognizes. Their opinions matter naught now.

Vulgaris confesses his burning, his relentless ache for her company. The tenderness of his voice – something so very few have had a taste of – cradles her but it amplifies her greatest regret. A frown creases her pretty face – beautiful in his eyes, but ugly in others – and she shakes her head solemnly. ”I thought…” she begins, but she refrains from finishing, because it doesn’t matter. What blockaded their advances then is a figment of their past memories. It doesn’t hinder them now.

She isn’t afraid anymore.
    But she should be.

Vulgaris’ hate and anger nearly reverberates through her as he forces himself to confess something he has harbored. This should be a sign for her to run away, but her past experiences have chiseled away at her. There’s very little left of her, and so she offers it all to him whether it’s for better or worse. Never has she been someone’s sole love. No one ever cared for her so deeply as to be monogamous. Shiya has always been the one looking in, standing in the rain enviously watching everyone else get the boy.

The question is now, will she remain the onlooker or will she actually take Vulgaris for herself?

”I don’t care,” she whispers as she notices how raw and chilled she is without him pressed against her. ”You’re mine. You always have been,” no matter how long it took to realize it, ”and you always will be.” Shiya inches toward him, stepping gingerly in the snow so that she may lift his chin with her scaled muzzle. Her veridian eyes search his face, wanting desperately for him to look back at her and to push away his self-hate. ”I rather be ruined by you than again by a total stranger.” Her voice is sweet, trying desperately to reassure him that he – they – will be okay. "I'm never leaving you again."

For you, I'd give my last breath

@[vulgaris]

Messages In This Thread
    Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-07-2018, 12:47 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-07-2018, 01:27 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-07-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-07-2018, 02:55 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-08-2018, 12:57 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-09-2018, 01:08 AM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-09-2018, 06:40 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-11-2018, 11:08 PM