• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; valdis
    The fire is unexpected, and I take a step back. I have always been respectful of the dangers of open flame, a respect pressed into me by a rather draconic uncle. It is the flash of heat that finally clicks the missing piece into place. The vague familiarity of Solace's scent and the almost-recognizable shape of Valdis and her twin brother Velk suddenly make sense.

'You're a prisoner' says the daughter of my uncle. I don't smile - I know better than to drop the ruse too early - but I do not disagree with her inference. Instead I wait, trusting that the cogs are turning behind her frowning face. I am not disappointed when she finally answers.

"I know someone who could teach you to control that." I tell the girl when she threatens to burn me. "My uncle, Castile, is a dragon shifter." You father, I do not say, but I watch her face closely for a reaction. Has she been told of him, I wonder? Does she know Loess is the last place he called home?

I am distracted by the arrival of another. This is not the first big cat I've come across in the last month, and like the other this one acts like no animal should. I stare it down, knowing that its claws are a match for my own hooves, but do not back away.

"Do you need a babysitter, Valdis?" I question the piebald filly, though I do not take my eyes from the golden and black cat. "Or shall we leave your mother's pet here?" With that I spread my wings, rather sure I know what the princess will say. The cold winter air that sweeps down from the mountains will provide plenty of lift, more than enough to take us over the yowling cat and toward Loess.

@[Kagerus]
    @[Valdis]
    maybe next post is in Loess? Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Lepis - 09-07-2018, 01:40 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Valdis - 09-08-2018, 07:05 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Kagerus - 09-08-2018, 09:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Lepis - 09-09-2018, 05:40 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Valdis - 09-12-2018, 01:21 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Lepis - 09-14-2018, 08:25 PM