• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; valdis
    The girl is as surprised as I had hoped, but that shifts to disbelief before I can capitalize on it. She is doubtful of recent sighting of her sire, and I tilt my head curiously as she mentions he's been gone since before she was born. It feels odd to realize that my Uncle had no part in raising his own child, especially since my own youth is full of memories of the pied dragon. This girl is not much younger than I am - a year? maybe two? - and I am forced to wonder again where Castile had gone and why.

That wondering is uncomfortable though, and I suppress it with a shake of my head. "I saw him just the other day," I tell her, "with Ilma, in the Forest." She'll recognize the name, I know, her mothers' advisor. Trustworthy Ilma, with whom I have had a rather turbulent relationship of late, reliable Ilma who had seen Valdis' father and not mentioned it to the girl. There is no reason for her to have done so, of course, but sowing doubt is second nature to a creature as well-trained as I. Planting the seeds of distrust might lead to the growth of other ties, the cultivation of bonds outside those of the kingdom, an advantage that Loess will be sure to appreciate.

I am torn from my thoughts by Valdis' assertion that she is not in need of a nursemaid, and I give one final pointed glare to the dark cat before taking to the sky. The air catches easily under my golden wings, and I rise quickly toward the clouds and head toward Loess.

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Lepis - 09-07-2018, 01:40 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Valdis - 09-08-2018, 07:05 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Kagerus - 09-08-2018, 09:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Lepis - 09-09-2018, 05:40 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Valdis - 09-12-2018, 01:21 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; valdis - by Lepis - 09-14-2018, 08:25 PM