• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

Am I a bad kisser? He can tell that its a jibe, her way of poking fun at the fact that he's rather abashed after receiving his very first kiss from anyone besides mothers or sister. Before he can get in more than a thrash of his head no, Chryseis is already on to the next subject, and deceptively demure smile colouring her gold-struck face. Knowing that he may not always be seeing this softer, girlier side of Chryseis, he tries to memorize the expression; but then she is asking him if he promises to keep a secret.

Of course, he thinks, blinking his wide eyes towards her with a quick toss of his head. It doesn't take any more goading on his part - without another word, the graceful young girl spins and begins traversing up the closest mountain. He wonders if she is taking him to the plateau which resides at the top of this path when suddenly she veers off of it, towards a forest so dense that he almost doubted her abilities to navigate on these precarious edges.

But then she is speaking, and the boy can spend no energy on doubt when she speaks so entrancingly; she tells him about her mom and dad, and Rhae imagines who they are and what they must be like to have raised such a charming daughter. He stumbles once as his mind goes too far, hoof clipping on a stone; luckily the path has widened some here, and he has a chance to regain his footing before continuing alone the edge.

Looking up from his fall, he snorts in alarm - Chryseis has disappeared, leaving only what seemed to be a rock in front of him. When her head peaked out and beckoned to him, a wide grin exploded across his face, and he skittered the rest of the way until he stood nose-to-tail with Chryseis, following her through the tight space with much more excitement than he could have anticipated.

When she bursts froward, he tosses his head in surprise and hurries to follow, squeezing along the length of the rock-face until he, too, stands in the opening. At first the change in lighting makes him disoriented, and he can't quite make out the details of where she's brought him to; but then, all at once, he takes it in. The valley below seems tiny from their perch, and as he spins to look at the mountain encircling their hidden wonder, he cranes his neck and still can barely see the peak. Nostrils fluttering, he scents the clear coolness of the spring nearby, and as the wind pulls at their manes, he wonders if she'd brought him to paradise.

Promise you won't show anyone else?

Looking to her now as she gently pressed into his side, the prince felt a drop in his stomach that is somehow different than when he'd pressed her up against the tree. This place is something special. She is something special. Feeling almost stoic in his feelings for the blue roan girl, he unfurled his wing and pulled her to his side in a single movement, pressing her to him gently as he closed his eyes in memorization of this moment.

"I promise. Only you."

Rhaegor

@[Chryseis]
    [Image: rhae]