• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any
    we're on the road to ruin,
    and we're starting at the end --

Chryseis has grown enough that she was able to escape Briseis’ overprotective clutches more frequently. Even though the black mare still fretted, there wasn’t much she could do. The delicate blue roan filly would be a year old come spring, and she already rarely needed her mother’s milk. In fact, if she really wanted to, she could leave Hyaline all together. It was a thought that crossed her mind frequently, although she has yet to act on it. Her wanderlust was insatiable, but something about the mountains of Hyaline told her to stay just little bit longer. 

Despite her outgoing nature, Chryseis has not met many of the residents of Hyaline. She knew there were other children here, the ones that belonged to the Queens, but she has not met them. But she could see them, and she was slightly envious. If she had a twin, or was a triplet, she would always have someone to hang out with! They could have their own secret club that no one was invited in, go on adventures, torture their mother...but sadly, she is just by herself. Queen of her own club, member of one. 

Today she was traipsing through Hyaline, without her shadow of a mother. It’s cold, and because of that she is sticking to the lowlands instead of exploring higher up the way she usually did. Her blue roan coat had darkened to nearly black thanks to her thicker winter coat, but the metallic gold blaze that adorned her face still shone brightly. With slender legs she was expertly traversing across the frosty grass, avoiding the especially slippery stones and frozen patches of mud. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw one of the triplets - alone. This was incredibly rare, in her experience. It was like seeing a unicorn (oh wait...). Without even hesitating, she bounded right over. 

”Hi! Did you get kicked out of the triplet club?” Giggling at her own inside joke, she hastily adds, ”I’m Chryseis. I was born here too, but I’ve never talked to you.” The meaning of the last statement went unexplained. Either she thought the triplets were too cool for her, or she was too cool for the triplets. 

chryseis
    of leilan and briseis

Chryseis talks a lot and will keep the conversation going just fine haha

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any - by Chryseis - 09-10-2018, 05:27 PM