• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

Although he's not met any of them, the little prince knows something of Hyaline's other youthful inhabitants - mostly from Sviko and Will, who easily outpace him in terms of gregariousness, at least in the presence of others. Mother has told him of Tahti, the reincarnated girl, and of course there's the orphan Kanamae, Ilma's son whose name he's forgotten, and then Chryseis. He remembers her most because her name sounds like crisis, and he's always wondered why she'd be named such a thing. Maybe she's devastatingly ugly, or had been conceived at the wrong time - but he's never met the girl in question, and thus can draw no conclusions as to her appearances or her wantedness.

Luckily for him, he'll get to have some questions answered today - silent ones, anyway.

A ways from where he's picking at the stubbly winter grasses, the sound of dainty hooves navigating the ice patches sounded. Intrigued, the colt lifts his head and perks his ears, dusky eyes blinking as they landed on the little blue filly who then races to approach him upon sight. He bobs his shapely head in eager anticipation of her arrival, an array of emotions coursing through his wordless lungs, nerves and excitement and something between dread and wonder; he hopes that she won't mind his silence, because he knows instantly by the grin on her face that he will surely not be disappointed by her uplifting company.

Hi! The girl laughs, and before she can get to her joke, Rhae has awkwardly bumps his nose into hers, nearly trembling with boyish excitement at the joviality of his new friend. A hopeful smile weaves its way across his lips as he steps back blushingly, head still bobbing nervously as he hears the girl out; she is indeed Chryseis. When she mentions never having talked to him, his expression stretches queasily; he feels guilty, knowing that there is potential for her to never truly speak to him.

But he suppresses this useless worry, instead blinking at the filly and grinning like a fool.

Leaning down, he looked up at her through his thick brown lashes, fumbling at the icy earth until his lips struck against a loose piece of ice; picking it up gingerly between his teeth, he met Chryseis' gaze and then reached to neatly nestle the shard into the wild locks of her black mane. A gift, if a muddy and very temporary one; but the soft clicking of his noiseless laughter is perhaps the true gift, and he steps back anxiously, hoping that she'll appreciate his gesture.

Rhaegor

@[Chryseis] uhm? this is adorable.
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any - by Rhaegor - 09-11-2018, 02:03 AM