• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any
    we're on the road to ruin,
    and we're starting at the end --

Chryseis hasn’t had much interaction with children her age, and especially not boys. She had never given them much thought, to be honest. Her mother was not big on love or fairy tales, and Briseis’ relationship with Leilan was far from romantic. It wasn’t something she had ever talked about with her daughter, and so it wasn’t something Chryseis was brought up with. But somehow despite all that, something about Rhaegor made her feel nervous, but not in an upleasant way. She wasn’t entirely sure how to handle it, so instead she shoved the feelings down as far as they would go.

She giggles as he sends small pieces of ice flying, and she shakes her petite head. ”No, it’s not quite that intense. I can just make the air around me really cold. I guess it would come in handy if I decided I didn’t want someone close to me.” Chryseis has not practiced with her trait all that much. The frosty barrier didn’t match her bright and warm personality, and she couldn’t think of a single situation where she would ever want to freeze someone away from her.

The blue roan filly doesn’t notice that he had extended his muzzle towards her, since she has been so distracted by her own lack of manners and not getting his name. She wouldn’t have known what to do even if she had noticed. Her mother was the only one that ever kissed her. What are you even suppose to do if a boy kisses you?

When she notices that asking for his name seemed to make him anxious, she feels guilty. Although she clearly doesn’t have a problem talking and socializing, she wonders if maybe it’s not as easy for him. And then his name is uttered just a hair above a whisper, and while she doesn’t have to strain to hear him, she can tell that something about his voice was weak. For the first time, her vibrancy seems to soften; her energy becomes quiet, and she closes the space between them to touch her delicate muzzle against his neck. ”It’s nice to meet you, Rhaegor.” Her warm breath is expelled against his skin, and she realizes that he smells exactly like Hyaline - like mountains and trees and fresh air. That strange feeling from before begins to flutter in her chest, the one that made her feel anxious and excited all at once. Not knowing what to do with it, she suddenly tugs at the locks of his mane, twirling away on her too-long legs as she calls out, ”Race you to that tree!” Of course she doesn’t specify which tree, and instead she just launches into a run, only assuming that the colt will follow.

chryseis
    of leilan and briseis

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any - by Chryseis - 09-25-2018, 12:45 PM