• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any
    -- I don't know where you're going
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

So far, she couldn’t fathom using her frost aura to keep anyone away from her. She was too naive to understand that there were those out there that might intend to hurt her, physically and emotionally. She has never met anyone that wasn’t a friend, and why would she ever want to push anyone away?  To her, the frost aura was just some trick she had been born with. It was fun to annoy her mom with it but that was about it. When she had said it, it had never occurred to her that Rhaegor could ever possibly do anything that would make her want to create a barrier between them.

Because right now when she looked at him, she was thinking the opposite.

But for now they are careening across the ground, her long legs stretching in front of her, and with each stride the nervous butterflies are replaced with surging adrenaline. He matches her stride, and for a moment they are in sync, the winged prince and the gold-blazed filly. Her laughter is strewn on the breeze as she jumps ahead of him; before tucking her haunches beneath her as she slides to a stop and rollbacks around to face him once they’ve reached their target.

”Did your wings hold you back or something, cause that wasn’t even hard —“ But when her eyes meet his, the words die on her lips. Her breath catches in her throat, and now when her heart flutters nervously in her chest she finds that she can’t stop it, can’t ignore it any longer. Her emotions are here now; staring her in the face in the form of an impossibly handsome prince. The intensity in his stare causes the blood to rush to her head, and her brown eyes flicker to his searchingly. ”Rhaegor,” His name is a murmur, whispered like a question that she doesn’t think she will ever get the answer to. His lips are on her skin then, and it leaves a touch that feels like fire in its wake, and she trembles. Her small body presses into the curve of his side, her own satin lips trailing down the nape of his neck, exploring the way it ties into his shoulder.

The feel of his teeth elicits a gasp, but she doesn’t pull away. Instead she tucks her delicate head beneath his neck, letting his head drape across her back as she nestles against his chest. And for the first time since she can remember, Chryseis doesn’t know what to say.

chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going,
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any - by Chryseis - 09-30-2018, 09:48 PM