• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any
    -- I don't know where you're going
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

Her head is spinning, and she closes her eyes to ward off the feeling of the world twirling around her. She takes a deep, trembling breath, in an effort to steady herself, and instead his scent further fills her mind. Both their hearts are beating rapidly, and she can feel it thrumming in her ears. She is still too naive to think that he could possibly feel this way with anyone else, that maybe his mouth had caressed someone else’s curves, that maybe someone else had stood this close and breathed him in. In her young mind, it just wasn’t possible. If she’d had even an inkling of what her father was like with women — not that he was malicious in his intent — she might have been more cautious, but she has lived her life entirely ignorant. All she knew was that Rhaegor made her knees feel weak, and that in this moment, she is sure they are only thinking about each other.

Her skin shivers as his lips trace the path up her slender neck, and they don’t stop until they find hers. It is a sweet, innocent kiss, and they are just two kids stumbling through their emotions and grasping at something they don’t fully understand yet. She is lost, and confused, and exhilarated, and she couldn’t imagine feeling any other way. Her lips still tingle even after he pulls away, and when their eyes meet again she can see the worry that lingers on his face. Her quiet laugh breaks their silence, tilting her delicate head as she inquires teasingly, ”Am I a bad kisser?” The sudden shyness is slowly ebbing from her eyes, some of the insatiable vibrancy returning. With a demure smile still curled at the edge of her lips she slips past him, beckoning him to follow as she says, ”I want to show you something, but you can’t tell anyone else, okay?”

And with that she begins her ascent up the mountains, following a well worn path that most of Hyaline used. It is only a short trek, before she suddenly veers off the path, into a heavily forested area,  and she begins following landmarks that it appeared only she could recognize. ”When I was little, my mom hated letting me go anywhere. But my dad convinced her to at least let me explore Hyaline on my own,” she explains as she walks, her hooves deftly remaining balanced even with the precarious footing, all the while her eyes remained trained in her surroundings, occasionally diverting her course. Her pace quickens once she seemingly spots her destination — a thick grove of dogwood trees that border what appeared to be a solid rock wall. ”I never told anyone about this place though, and I don’t think anyone else in Hyaline has seen it either. At least, I’ve  never seen anyone here.” She does not hesitate as they reach the grove, carefully pushing her way past the thin trunks and seemingly disappearing into the rock face.

She only stops briefly to make sure the colt is following — she knows he is. The darkness of the cave they are now standing in  brings with it a drop in temperature, and her warm breath creates puffs of vapor that dissipate around them. Their footsteps echo within the confines of the cave, and the purpose in her walk signals that this was clearly not their final destination. ”It’s not much further,” and even though she whispers it, the close quarters bounces the words off the walls. As they come around the bend there is a sliver of light up ahead, and suddenly she launches forward, giddy at the excitement of finally showing someone her only secret. She lopes the final stretch, breaking into the daylight at the end of the natural tunnel and then sliding to a stop. With excited eyes she looks to Rhaegor and then back to what she considered her own private discovery. They stand on a ledge that overlooks a very small valley, the mountains towering in a circle around them. More groves of dogwood and pine cluster the area, with a shallow mountain stream trickling down the face of one side - most likely a run off from the river that fed the lake in the main part of the kingdom - and flowing through the open grassy field. 

She side steps closer to him then, feeling the feathers of his wings against her side. Her pulse once again begins to race, but she looks to him with bright and earnest eyes as she reiterates in a questioning murmur, ”Promise you won’t show anyone else?”

chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going,
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

leilan x briseis

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // any - by Chryseis - 10-08-2018, 03:11 PM