• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Maugrim
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

As I raise my eyes to consider the blood-hungry man, I glimpse a droplet of that which he thirsts gathering upon his brow, glistening wetly in the cool autumn air as it, too, could reflect the light of the sun. There's laughter on Maugrim's lips and nestled deep in the blackness of his heart - but it's not the kind of laughter one spells for their children, nor even for the ones they love and trust. It's nature is malicious to say the least, and as it bubbles, a chill runs down my spine.

He's not scared.
    He's not even phased.

And as the dream seeps into the shallowest layer of his subconscious, I see that he is not to be appeased or guided towards a desire, either. A derisive snort is all I have time to muster before the crazed stallion presses his massive weight against the frame of my antlers; I hold it for now, though the bones yaw under the strain worryingly. He spits the word fool, then witches, and I almost want to smile as I settle into the fact that this title suits me well; but then his weight doubles and the air thickens, and my smile turns to a gritting of teeth as I realize that I am more than a little fucked.

"It's not a deal," I snarl, though it's more of an angry gasp than anything as I try to hold my footing. I dig my hooves into the earth, straining against his weight; then, I thrash my neck side to side, ears pinning against the feeling of ripping flesh as the prongs of my antlers dig further and further into him as he presses into me. Another snort sounds from my nostrils as I try to clear them, but the sensation of a running nose won't leave me; I thrash again, panicked.

Pause.

"I don't want anything from you. I came only to deliver an idea." My hind hoof slips back, and I hurriedly replace it when I realize it had fallen into water. Not shallow water, either. I wonder if he can hear the sound of my heart pounding; I wonder if I'm tired enough to fall asleep. To dream myself away.

Why do I always think I am invincible? Did I earn the scar across my face for nothing? Did I lose the alliance for nothing?

"Now let me pass," I say in the calmest voice I can muster, neck trembling against the weight of him. "Spill the blood of your fruitless leaders, for mine will earn you nothing."

@[Maugrim]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Maugrim - by Kagerus - 10-01-2018, 11:06 PM