• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and they bite you; any

Mid-winter. It forces her to stay on main pathways instead of slinking through the trees like she so enjoys. The snow has accumulated differently in the south and as she’s moved upward over the last few weeks she has noticed the differences. As the terrain gets harsher the snow gets deeper, only from memory can she really find her way once she nears the Lake territory’s borders. She remembers winters here when she was younger, remembers when her father taught the young minds about tact, sneakery, and other fun things. 

She learned to heal properly here, she thinks to herself quietly as she steps into the dappled light. The tree’s reach out above, naked and skeletal, letting the evening’s fading like filter through to the pale mare below. Her fur in thick and warm, she’s untouched by the bitter wind that rips through every few minutes. She walks through the halls of one of their forests that dot around the frozen Lake half wishing she might she her father’s crooked grin at any moment. He’s moved on, she tells herself, and Amet isn’t here anymore either. Still she wanders even being quite sure her father is not around, not ready to say goodbye.

Kota
    those great whites,
    they have big teeth

<3

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Winter should be her forte; hiding in the snow is easy with a coat in that same colour. Yet she does not wish to hide, builds her wings daily from the sunlight whenever it peeks through the clouds or even from the light that simply shimmers through them. She does not wish to hide.

She has better things to do.

As the Ambassador, she had been attempted-stolen recently by one of similar position. The Cleric of Loess had thought it would give her an advantage in negotiation, but with Ilma's return-steal, it was Loess who was now in their debt. They had yet to decide what to do with it, if they would force a new contract, or simply store it for later use. But with Loessians moving to Sylva, things had gotten complicated even more, with Lepis not even really being part of the hill kingdom any more. So Ilma just had to wait and see what was left when the dust settled, she supposed.

In the meantime, she would wander. Most often to the river or the forest, as of late, and it so happened that on her way to the first today, she stumbled upon a black-and-white figure entering the lands. The mare did not seem to make haste; also did not seem to be prying around much. Then why cross without calling, she wondered. Sure, Hyaline often allowed refugees in, but she was not used to them simply appearing and not leaving.

She caught up with the other mare easily; this close to the lake, though it was still cold, there was less density to be found in the snow. A snort escaped her nostrils to alert the newcomer to her presence - always polite - though the white diplomat did not stop her trot until she was at talking distance, only slowing down to match the other mare's gate.

"Morning to you. I'm Ilma. Is there something Hyaline can help you with?" In other words, what are you doing here. Well, perhaps she was a tiny bit less polite nowadays than she would have been in other circumstances - but being a member of the council, she had every right to ask, and she'd formed the words politely enough at any rate.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kota]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    She hears the mare’s feet not far off but does not bother to do more than bend an ear. Her walk is slow and does not waver even as the mare calls out and moves up to match her quiet strides. Kota does not smile or sweep her crystal-blue eyes over the pale greeter, but she does not express immediate distaste either. Her feet crunch through the snow with rhythm and she draws in a frosty breath. “Help me with?” She snickers a little, now sliding her closest eye to look at the mare comfortably walking beside her. “No, just visiting, or staying, I’m not quite sure yet.” She sets her eyes forward again, looking out ahead. They move toward a small gathering of sheltering pines, snow weighing down their evergreen limbs.

I used to live here.” White plumes of frosted breath coil from her pink lips. “A long time ago.” She inhales and keeps her steps steady, “Is it still a sanctuary?” She crosses into the trees and stops to turn and face the mare while she addresses her. Floating flakes start tumbling down from the sea of gray rolling above them.
    Kota
    those great whites,
    they have big teeth

@[Ilma]

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The mare is not easily distraught, but neither is the paler mare joining her. They walk a few strides farther before there is a return question, and it helps Ilma reorientate her thoughts. She was being snippy, she knew it, but it was not this black-and-white mare's fault that Lepis was getting under her skin.

"A home, a place of refuge, protection if someone's after you. If there's another kingdom involved however, I'd like to know about it." Implying that she wouldn't send her away, but would tell her queens and possibly negotiate with that certain kingdom. However, the mare did not smell of another kingdom, so she figured she might not need help in that kind of way.

But then she says she used to live here, and Ilma thinks of the strange nereid mare that had visited a long time ago, and she cannot help but smile. Just passing through then, probably. Or perhaps looking if her previous home still appealed. She would let the bicoloured mare decide for herself, instead latching on the last question. She nods. "It is. Though less oriented on youth and more on a broader range. Like I said, we'd like to know what we're getting into if it involves another kingdom, but otherwise, you're welcome to stay as long as you like." She muses a moment, then looks the visitor in the eye. "I didn't catch your name yet? Perhaps there's some you may know from the past, or they you... but it's just Solace remaining I think." Ilma knew that the buckskin overo mare had been Amet's heir, but other than that, that history was a long time ago already.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[kota] idk it's... something I guess
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    ( let's assume they introduced themselves and had a nice little hang out sesh and kota wandered off - i'll make a new thread and such whatnot )
    buy the ticket, take the ride.
    —  Hunter S. Thompson

snowphish, city, oleandar, wrena, kota, let, seasick
    chemdog, klaus, padmé, fenwe, claudia, mourna