• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

on a stormy sea of moving emotion//Brennen

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide
    It’s like the first day Brennen had shown her his favorite parts of Ischia again, when she had witnessed his manipulation of the frozen elements sparkling around her, and when he’d hardened the pool at the waterfall with so much as a simple smile on his face.  And she watches again, as that same smile of faux innocence begins to blossom anew.  Raising her pale brow in an inquisitive nature, she wonders briefly what he means to do now, until she feels a cool slithering around her legs moving skyward to consume her.  Dropping her gaze, she regards the phenomenon with amused captivation, following the liquid ribbon’s path until it pools into a mirror at their hooves.  It’s reflective surface reminds her so much of Hyaline’s dazzling lake, so much so that she can practically smell it’s distinct mountainous realm.

Brown eyes flash brightly when her gaze finally rises to Ischia’s king, smiling in brilliant appreciation.  “You’re entirely too modest, sir,” she chides playfully, while narrowing the widened stance she’d presumed while watching his talents unfold, unable to entirely shake the feeling that he’d only just grazed the tip of the metaphorical iceberg.  She’d learned from Scorch that he’d risen to be the victor of Beqanna’s latest Alliance, and she had come to understand that the reward for such a title held a hefty merit.

The awestruck smile fades in grandeur when he reciprocates with his own question and she internally wondered exactly how much time he had to spare in order for her to answer such a weighted inquiry sufficiently.  Deciding on keeping it on the side favoring quick simplicity, she narrows her relatively short lived Beqannian past into a single exhaled breath.

“I can move things with my mind, have the ability send and receive emotional memories and I can’t seem to entirely control it yet, Wishbone left Beqanna and left me to rule Nerine, and I’m tragically, hopelessly in love.”   That last part she hadn’t entirely meant to admit out loud, but nonetheless she couldn’t seem to stop its flow breaking through the dam of her lips.

Smiling again, she shrugs her shoulder lightly as if to say that in light of most things happening throughout Beqanna, it probably wasn’t the worst—at least her problems were manageable.  For now.

Dampening her expression to something more stoic, she loosens her hold on the mischievious rapport they were so easy to strike up again, but not willing to let go of it entirely just yet.  Sighing deeply, she centers her grounding, tilting her head enough so that she could better read his expression, “In all sincerity, I came to see how you were doing, Brennen.  It’s been awhile.”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on a stormy sea of moving emotion//Brennen - by Breckin - 09-15-2018, 02:50 PM