• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  give me something to believe in; any

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

With all the grace of one with a heart of gold, the mare accepts his advances. With a warm exhale, she meets him in the middle, their breath mingling above their heads like a misty crown. Upon withdrawal, the soft utterance of a hello caused a flutter - a near seizure - of Rhaegor's precious, flowering heart. A timid smile builds itself on his dark lips in response, ears perked perfectly forward such that there can be no question as to his pure intentions.

Just as he finishes his little drawing, another word comes from the mare, and so gentle and kind is its tone that his mouth shudders open and nearly emits sound - for in this moment, he trusts the mustang with his every fiber.

But then her eyes look over his shoulder, and the vocalization dies before it ever reaches her ears; shutting his mouth and hoping she hadn't noticed, the young man side-stepped closer to the sweet mare, whithers shuddering on the side that Magnus alights, though the flinch is somewhat disguised by the weight of his ash-brown wings.

Clever, the stallion says, but inside, Rhaegor dies a million deaths. This is exactly what he'd been trying to avoid; but he hides his panic as well as he can (not all that well by any means, but enough) and tries to focus on what the other is trying to say to him. To interpret from him, more specifically. Rhae casts his eyes to the picture, then nods shortly at the mention of home; a sharp shake of his head at Loess; and a big smile when the word Hyaline slipped from Magnus' lips. Grinning boyishly, he tosses his head over to gauge his new friend's reaction; his forelock falls right in his eyes, and he tosses his head again to clear it away.

Hyaline! Thank you, Magnus. You're not so bad, after all.

Slowing the hammering of his excited little heart, the colt blinks rapidly and follows the conversation that ensues in his typical silence. Kensa, she announces to be her name, and Rhae finds that he couldn't have dreamt a better name for the mare. What she says next though leaves such a warmth radiating throughout the boy that he can barely contain his joy; and so, in the wake of her implying that she will join him in a journey to Hyaline, the boy steps the last step closer and presses his muzzle to the base of her neck. After a meaningful pause there, he loosely grasps a lock of her mane between his lips and jostles it with a toss of his head, pulling away at last with a dazed grin.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Needing a moment to compose himself and knowing that, at this point, he really has nothing to contribute to the conversation, Rhaegor steps back. Still, his ears stay carefully tuned on Magnus, eager and respectful of his answer since he'd been key in his own interaction with the lovely Kensa.

Rhaegor
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    give me something to believe in; any - by Kensa - 09-11-2018, 08:57 PM
    RE: give me something to believe in; any - by Rhaegor - 09-12-2018, 11:08 PM