• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide

She had already turned to leave.  He had been taking too damn long.

The repetitive focus on her breathing, inhaled and exhaled, could only last so long, and she had grown unable to spare the patience to drift into another cycle again.  His silence had lasted entirely too long, and the silence of words unspoken can speak horrible volumes.  And it was speaking to her then, he didn’t have to say anything for her to catch the implications.  So he still didn’t want her around, then there was little else she could do but leave.  Had it been anyone else, she might have feared for the safety of the kingdom leaving a visitor to their own devices, but he was no threat to the kingdom; he’d probably only ventured here to find Scorch.  It didn’t really matter if she left him unattended at this point.  It might have been more beneficial to have had that thought before she dragged herself through the rain to follow him.

I don’t think I really want you to.

She paused mid step, nearly ready to pass through the cave’s threshold and back into the frigid downpour.  It takes a moment, for his hushed voice to register about the clash of heavy raindrops along the sheer rock wall just outside.  But when it does finally settle, she lowers her raised hoof once, collecting herself into a tense stance, pale ears casting backwards to nearly lay upon her ivory crown.  Rotating her head to glance at him beyond her shoulder, her expression remains stoic, eyes narrowing in subtle scrutiny noticing the way he cannot seem to look at her directly.

Though their eyes fail to align, he continues to speak—no—apologize.  He doesn’t say it outright, but she knows he refers to that moment shared in the depths of the Forest.  It had been one hell of a day, or entire week even.  The leopard mare had set him off into bitter rage, and she’d left him again to happen upon his gold-blazed filly with her mother as she had made her way back to Hyaline, and the next day felt the onslaught of her empathic ability for the first time, followed shortly thereafter by Scorch’s news of Breckin now holding the weight of Nerine’s mantle.

The Leviathan turns back completely to face him again, stepping closer and dark eyes flashing heatedly, nearly begging him to look at her directly as she asks a single question, “You thought what would go away?”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Leilan] I know it doesn't really look like it now, but she is actually warming up a bit XD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin - by Breckin - 09-15-2018, 10:53 PM