• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin
    That demure smile of hers grows wider with the small seconds it takes for him to fill the space between them again.  It was the reaction she'd been hoping for, and she makes no effort to hide her pleasure in him burying his nose into her water logged mane.  Her eyes close dreamily as he works his way across the tangled mess of ivory that lays flatly along her neck.  Of course, she could have shaken the heaviness of her winter coat out, but she was much too enjoying the trailing touches he was gifting her with.  It's only when he does break away, though thankfully not entirely this time, that she takes the chance at ridding herself of the majority of the troublesome moisture that had solace in her spotted pelt.  Unfortunately, there's good chance that the droplets will clash against him, but some deeply rooted understanding makes her believe that he won't necessarily mind.

"My responsibilities have grown somewhat, since we last saw each other."   The burden of the crown was much more than she had anticipated she could admit that, but would she go back and change the way the cards had been dealt?  Highly unlikely.  She smiles again, sadly this time, maybe more tired than anything else. "I'm exhausted, but it's given me a concrete purpose and oddly enough, I think it helps keep me sane."   Her gaze hardens a degree, though the small grin doesn't fade, "Don't talk about your mother like that," she chides, "She's preoccupied with other things."   Purposefully, she does not elaborate.

Instead to hasten things, and no longer imprisoned by paralyzing uncertainty or shyness, her onyx lips reach to meet the curve of his jaw and she presses a kiss into the same spot she had a few years ago.  Only this time, she doesn't pull back, confident for the first time in her stance around him.  "What if I'd rather make a demand instead?  Asking is so beneath me now," she smiles against the smoothness of the scales that line his neck.  Moving her lips downward, she withdraws slightly to spare a glance up at him.  "Stay with me.  Tonight... forever." Whatever, just stay here with me, at least for a little while.  Breckin wouldn't make him stay if he didn't want to, she might hold some power but she had no desire to use it against someone in this context.  Certainly not against him either.

That head of hers tilts curiously, watching him carefully beneath shaded eyes.

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin - by Breckin - 09-18-2018, 02:31 PM