• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin
    Like she had hoped, he doesn’t shy away from the rain she rids herself of, not foes he chastise her for tossing water his way.  The roan stallion stands unphased, and she watches as the droplets bead up before gravity pulls them down his body in shallow trails. It’s slightly mesmerizing, the way his scales and water alike glisten in what little light the cave has to offer.

But Most importantly, he stays close.  And she revels in the warmth his body so close to hers.  So caught up with other thoughts, she hadn’t realized just how cold she had been, until now.  And how badly she had missed him, never thinking that she’d have the opportunity to come this close again, let alone touch him.  She tells him as much, in the way she trails her lips along his neck, under the golden strands that so characteristically belonged to him.  Unable to help the curiosity, her teeth gently skim the scales that lie under his mane, wondering if they still held as much sensation as a normal coat would. Could he feel her warmth as she moved across him.

”I’ve missed you, Leilan.” Her voice is hushed when she pulls away, all sincerity held her expression as she looks back at the intensity behind the brown eyes she had come to love.

I’ll always come home to you.

Such a simple statement for the overreaction it elicits from her heart.  The pounding and fluttering against her chest sounds so loud to her own ears, she wonders if he can hear it himself.  Casting a glance back at the partially occluded cave opening, worry creases into her features.   The sky was obviously still daytime, though still blanketed with overcast clouds and pouring sheets of rain.  He had said he would stay, she understood that, and the thought makes her smile flourish, but still, she worries that their time together would have to end sooner than later.  He still belonged to the Brotherhood after all, and Ischia and Nerine weren’t exactly close by.  

“How much time do we have?” she asks softly, unable to help the longing press of body into him, she’d waited entirely too long for this day.

@[Leilan] quick post from work. Sorry for typos or weird wording

Messages In This Thread
    RE: say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin - by Breckin - 09-19-2018, 06:53 AM