• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    He just can't let go. Never again, if he could, though there's obviously the mundane things in the world like eating and duties and sleeping and kingdom members. Stupid things, that were way less important than keeping in touch with her. He places a kiss on her shoulder, and stiffens so as not to suddenly have to shake his neck when she touches him near the base of his mane. It tickles a little - must have been way worse if he'd still had skin, but, it's not like he's immune to feeling when there's chitin covering him. The truth of it is, he's just way too good at hiding feelings away though. Always been his problem. But not any more, he supposes.

He's never promised anyone else anything, as far back as he can remember. In most cases, he didn't have to, and perhaps there might be misunderstandings with those who thought he would. But now he does make one promise, accepting her demand for what it is, and adds a sentence that is so true in the deepest parts of his very being that it seems to resonate and click into place when it comes to mind, comes to life. And he intends to keep this promise. Because she is home. Nowhere else in the world would he prefer to be, he knows. Not even Ischia, not even the Jungle, not even his own mother feels as much like home as she does.

He makes a noise that's somewhere between a hum and a laugh when she tells him she's missed him. A funny thought comes to mind, but he doesn't feel like sharing because it'll break the spell, he may be not that good at romance after all, but he doesn't want to wake her up from this dream-state either. She's lovely that way. And damn, can she be attractive with a hush to her voice like that. She probably doesn't realize it though. That's part of the beauty of her, of course.

But perhaps she's breaking the magic herself, just a little - she glances outside, estimating the time of the day left. But he's too stubborn to let her think about that for long, especially now that she's pressed into him so much, her body language telling him she's not ready to part at all, not ready to think of the kingdom that awaits her. And why should she? She's allowed a day off, especially if it makes her function way better than before. That's what vacations are for, after all. Or maybe he's just being selfish, but honestly he doesn't want to differentiate.

He hums a bit to himself, unsatisfied with the fact that she needed to ask the question at all. "I thought you said 'stay'?" he murmurs into her back - he'd moved, leaned forward some more, wanting to embrace subconsciously, but instead he ends up hovering the words over her spine, and finds the spot between her shoulders easily and gives her a little nudge there, where a horse skin is most sensitive. Perhaps she'll need a little more assurance though. "I wasn't given an exact time to be home anyway." he follows up, there, that should be enough, this could last however long she needed it to. "Now could you please forget about the world for a day?"
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Breckin]
    So I am thinking since the scales aren't dragon-dense (bc 2-space haha) but not fish-light either, it's probably like fingernails?
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin - by Leilan - 09-19-2018, 01:42 PM