• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide
    It had been a reciprocation, and honestly so much more.  The way she'd confessed her of love him, mirroring his own words back just as he had admitted his own feelings earlier.

But you really shouldn’t.

Not exactly the response she had been hoping to arouse.  Of course she wanted to reply with a sharp "why?" but her tongue lies still at the sensation of her pounding heart falling into the pit of her stomach.  The heaviness ties into a knotted lump, weighing down the easy feeling of lightheartedness she had nearly been consumed by.  And that tension of hers began coiling anew, turning her loosening body rigid again with every breadth he moved away.  The distance wasn't great, but it felt like an eternity began and died, uncertain of what to say in that confusing moment.

Weaving her brows into an obvious look of bewilderment, she allows the expression to warp her features, eyes rising to meet with the troubled glance he pins her down with.  And still she wonders exactly why she shouldn't love him, why he tells her this.  Wasn't it her who had left him with so many unanswered questions?  Caused him so much pain he had so readily shown her in the Forest?  Shouldn't it be her that should not be entitled to his love?

The softness of her molten brown eyes begins to set and harden after he refers to himself of an idiot, unable to keep the perplexed expression from shifting towards suspicion.  And he wonders if her ability works in reverse, if she can open the doors again so that she might see something in the shrouded past.  Her preferance laid in not eavesdropping into the emotional memories of others, and especially not someone she would hold in such high regard.  Not unless they asked her to.  But now, it almost appears as if that is exactly what he is doing, as she stares questions into his ever-changing eyes. 

"It does," she says finally when she finds her elusive voice again.  Breckin allows the tendrils of her cognition to drop into the realm of veiled memories, settling the prying nature of her empathic ability into something akin to stand-by.  "I won't go searching through your memories, Leilan" she divulges foremost, unwilling to take a notch out of the fragility of trust.  "But if there is something you would like me to see, now is the time to do it.  Just focus on your memory, and I will be able to see it."

A 'memory'--it didn't occur to her that he may have multiple.

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Leilan] Eep indeed :X

Messages In This Thread
    RE: say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin - by Breckin - 09-20-2018, 12:53 PM