• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin
    Nothing short of steady attentiveness is what she gave him, swivelling a lazy ear easily to claim his replies, still hoping to have sparked some semblence of reassurance within him. And there it was, that stupid smile of his that made her world a bit brighter.  It was what she had wanted, to see that trademark grin so characteristically his light up the darkness of his grief-stricken face.  And in turn, it makes her own meager grin widen to something flourishing.

The edge of her smile falters when he claims he doesn't deserve her for accepting him and all the burdens he now carried.  It felt to her, as though the start of his troublesome journey had rested on her shoulder, with her making the first poor choice of many that would quickly ensue.  If only she hadn't been so young, so naive then, and perhaps a bit bolder, then all of this could have been avoided.  But even then, fate works mysteriously sometimes, and even when their relationship had become strained, it still found a way of pulling them back together, their connection never really entirely severed.  Even though it had definitely felt like it.

It was painfully obvious.  He had his regrets and she had hers.

The thought of him having to deal with the haunts of his past alone didn't settle well, knowing full well that she would do her damned best to do what she could to ease the lingering pain.    Pain that had stemmed from her in the very first place.  And perhaps that was a part of being in love, the willingness to share in carrying the weights your loved one bared, doing your best to buoy them up when feelings of ill intent threatened to damper them.  She didn't know for sure, couldn't say for sure, but it felt too right.  They'd figure out the complications together.

"I--" She had begun to tell him her latest revelation when her sentence is cut short in surprise when his neck locks over her, pulling her strongly into his embrace.  Oof, is all that comes of the fledgling sentence when her spotted frame meets with the solidness of his roan one.  Caught entirely off guard, and yes still very much stubborn, she tries to pull back fractionally but finds his steely hold on to be entirely too unwilling to give at all.  And she just doesn't have the strength to fight it, physically or emotionally, not that she wanted to anyway.  

With a softened sigh of resolution, she leans into his pillar of warmth, allowing herself the simple luxury of closing her eyes dreamily.  "You are deserving of my love, Leilan," she says, at last, finally finding her voice so easily swept up in contentment.  Her voice is light, though deceptively so, masking the stubborn edge of certainty that she had spoken with.  Too selfish to want to try to meet his gaze now, entirely to lost in his hold over her, she murmurs quietly into him mischievously, lips brushing over the firm scales that laced over him, "Now forget about the rest of the world tonight, Leilan."   The same words he'd spoken to her only minutes ago, the only difference was that this time, it not a question.

Focus on me instead.

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: say 'I love you' when you're not listening - Breckin - by Breckin - 09-23-2018, 08:12 AM