• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open, possibly mature]► i saw death of a most uncommon nature

Faded and fickle, no matter, the slivers of silvery light give the illusion of the subtle line to edges where he ends and the shadows begin: lines that she stares at and watches, notes their bizarre curves and natural geometry. There is a period of time in this observation that she inhales and her sunken skin puffs up, the bones in chest visible even beneath the shaggy fur; but its not an unnatural smoke, nothing magical or impossible that she exhales, just seawater trapped in her lungs and spat out in finality… black only because the darkness is so pervasive. 

The tilting head is craned in a manner that when shadows obscure parts of her skin it seems to bend at angles impossible for an equine, yet, she- it, the creature called Yidhra… she smiles faintly. Black lips drawn back and her ears twitching as they part a sea of inky black and shaggy hair.

He speaks, and she looks around: her teal eyes switching from the curves to the painting around them… to dark beaches and the start of a field- to fireflies and the sound of crickets. Snow, too, keeps her attention; but she dismisses it when the spring breezes are beginning and the faint scent of life curls into her nostrils.

“Ah, I recall it,” she begins to speak, raspy and deep. “The name, but, not the place. Never my home, I believe, it seems fair in a way I am here now. When the land is in rebirth and the flowers grow upon the corpses… worms and beetles feasting.” her pause is intentional and she turns her attentions back to Chemdog with those underfed and sickly features suddenly coming into full view.

The moonlight drapes itself over her and the sharp bones in her hips are visible, the impossibly sunken in ribcage and the thing figure of famine and death. Shaggy and tattered, the ageless creature stretches its body and legs especially, lifting the head and rising to full height… though smaller than him significantly, she still grew several inches. With confidence and cracking bones Yidhra remained where she was, her imperious gaze lingering on the slightest hint of his curves and her smile fading to a sobered expression.

“Fields are often where those who have not, wait to have; but also where those who can steal away all the things they wish to possess. Covetous in nature are you? Or perhaps there is something else.” fog and mist are natural, the billows of it rising and stretching out around them both, and silence begins to settle into the world around them. “Yidhra, is a name you may use to address me. What name may I address you with?”

And there she lingered, questioning and waiting. 

Yidhra

@[Chemdog] I am so sorry it took so long<3 work killed me.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [open, possibly mature]► i saw death of a most uncommon nature - by Yidhra - 09-25-2018, 09:20 PM