• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let my shadow prove the sunshine || any

let my shadows prove the sunshine

He notices the surprise on her face (as if she truly had been expecting someone else) and it causes his brow to furrow with confusion. Despite that fact, a lopsided smirk still graces the paleness of his lips, as if trying to smooth away her strange demeanor with the calmness that radiates from his body language. Maybe something has happened, his mind starts to think, like before? She is tense and unsure, shifting her weight and not at all like the Ilma he is so used to seeing. The stallion snorts softly with curiosity, stretching his neck forward to lightly stroke his muzzle against the stark white of her cheek, his own white face muddied and dark compared to the flawless complexion of her own. 

Some time ago now.

At this, the milk-and-honey stallion brings his chin quickly to his chest, his own head now tilting to match the look of confusion that Ilma had just been wearing. His ears flick backward slightly in contemplation, his smile vanishing for a moment as his lips press together firmly in deep thought - wondering how he had missed that transformation and was only just now realizing her newly acquired wings. He snorts again - this time more sharply and a bit aggressively - and gently paws the fresh grass of spring with a single forehoof. Her eyes are searching his once again, this time she will not find the lazy smile that so naturally adorns his handsome face but a blank, pensive expression as his cerulean eyes become downcast, as if the earth beneath him somehow held the answer to her question.

So, where have you been?

Svedka looks at her incredulously, his bright gaze flickering upwards to her with shock. His ears press forward and then back again, his mouth champing absentmindedly. There is a soft chuckle but it is forced for the sake of calming himself, his blue-streaked tail slapping against his heels. “I daresay, Ilma, it seems like you’ve missed me.” He pauses, and though his voice is light and full of amusement, there is a shadow of doubt that falls across his face. “Next time you could join me for my midday nap, since I’ve worried you so.”

Yes, that must be the explanation for her strange line of questioning. She’s been searching for him the past few hours and couldn’t find him. “Is everything alright? Has something happened?” Now the man is concerned, wondering why she would seek him out so desperately today of all days. 

svedka

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let my shadow prove the sunshine || any - by Svedka - 09-23-2018, 08:48 AM