• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let my shadow prove the sunshine || any

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Ilma’s eyes are full of surprise, at first. Then, her face hardens a bit as she clenches her jaw at his reactions. He seems to be thinking about the wing change a moment and then discard it. Maybe she should have told him that she’s had then for at least 15 months now. Sure, that he sometimes wandered away was fine; obviously he had wandered that one fall and met up with Nymf and she didn’t really mind about that - as long as he said goodbye and as long as whenever he did not do that, at least would say sorry about leaving so unexpectedly. Not... this. It still felt unreal that he was even here at all, but now that the idea settled... actually she just couldn’t comprehend his behaviour. When did he stop caring?

He says something entirely stupid then. Seems like you’ve missed me. Next time you could join me for my midday nap. When before, she might have actually considered it, now it just made er eyes flash furiously at him -

Is everything alright? Has something happened?

Ears fall flat towards her skull, if the change of look in her eyes hadn’t been apparent enough. Something? I don’t know where you took that nap of yours but it sure as hell wouldn’t have had to last so long! You weren’t here last spring to see your sister’s triplets,” - had he even noticed her pregnancy or had he not paid attention then? - ”and you missed the birth and childhood of your own daughter! I brought Nymf here to wait for you but I never thought you’d stay away over a year, I haven’t seen her in the last months either but I guess she’s just fed up with waiting, and rightly so. And you’re not even sorry! You just show up here all roughed up with that stupidly handsome grin of yours and just expect us to forget the fact that you disappeared from the face of the earth without a word, do you just expect me to forgive you for that if you don’t even show remorse? Forget it, Svedka, that’s just not how it works!” Snorting, breathing heavily; all emotion, the cropped-up worry, the fact that he disn’t seem to care how much he’d hurt Nymf, hurt Solace, hurt her - deeply so, more than she would have cared to admit in other circumstances. And she knows she’s near crying, but she’s a grown adult and she shouldn’t be crying over it, because she should still be angry, and so she just stares him down in fury. Almost wishing he’d just up and leave again because it was easier to miss him than to see him pretend all was well and good.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Svedka] whoa
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let my shadow prove the sunshine || any - by Ilma - 09-23-2018, 01:32 PM