• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're not meant to stay forever; any
    The chill was bracing, keeping the tobiano mare squarely in the moment. Nerine filled her eyes and even in this coldest of seasons she found it beautiful. She felt sure that should she remain here these shores should grow to be a comfort to her, a calm safe place that she could return to and feel soothed. Even if the return was only in her thoughts.

"Djinni." She spoke the other mare's name in turn by way of greeting, stepping away from the water so that she could stop and talk without the incessantly lapping water stealing the sound of her voice. Her tone was pleased, it was nice to encounter someone she already knew. Unlike Djinni she did not have any negative associations when she thought of the mare that had found her in the field. Only feelings af gratitude and the slight anxiety of being beholden to someone she could not repay. "I am much better. Nerine is lovely. I am very grateful to you."

The wind whipped at her and filled her ears with the sound of the sea but she did not miss the approach of the leopard spotted Queen. Agnieszka knew enough of the kingdom to know who ruled over it despite having kept herself so separate in her early days of acclimation. Shifting slightly to welcome the other mare to their little party she waiting politely until she was addressed, violet eyes clear and interested."Please, no apology is necessary, I have kept to myself to much for anyone but Djinni to remember my name or face." Lips tipped into a self deprecating smile. "I am Agnieszka. Though it seems to be a cumbersome name, so Eszka will be fine. I am happy to meet you." After turning her name, the only scrap of her previous self that she had retained, over in her head for days she had selected this shortened nickname. Perhaps it would not stick to her, and someone would select something better in time.

@[Djinni] @[Breckin] My power supply died in my PC and hubs is hogging our other computer so I wrote this on my phone. Sorry if it's horrid. :S

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we're not meant to stay forever; any - by Agnieszka - 09-20-2018, 08:34 PM