• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

One For The Books -[Akkadian]
    It has been so long.....

She returned to beqanna a couple years ago, after the reckoning she was displaced from Akkadian. She had there child, briefly met up with him but then he vanished though she never gave up hope...or stopped looking for him.

She came back, convinced that she could love another once again, she met a few potential stallions but her heart only yearned for Akkadian. The damn stallion was always lingering in her mind, her heart always ached to be with him. A son that she raised, a spitting image of his father, and a fine stallion who has ventured out into his own life. She was once again....alone..

The snowy night reminds her of when her feelings for Akkadian became apparent, when she resided in the frozen Tundra and Akkadian came to visit.  Dammit Akkadian. She yells aloud, figuring she was alone on this chilly winter night. The forest was lit up with the moon in the sky, the ground covered with snow and her black pelt was anything but hidden in her surroundings. Her ears were pinned to her dome, a feeling that she was not familiar with, anger.

Her head whips around behind her, she heard the sound of another....did her yelling wake someone up? Being alone at night was not her favorite. Hello.... She yells out, she can barely make out a shadowy figure lingering in the distance, protected by the shadow of the trees.

@[Akkadian] <3333
    He despised the winter. Too damn cold. Not at all like his homeland.
    He despised forests for the same reason, despite making one his home for a time.

He did not despise the shadows of night, though.

He relished in those, vanished like a demon on silent steps. Danced among them like he belonged, and let's face it, he did. He belonged anywhere there was a chance of stealth, or of death and sabotage. He wasn't exactly trained from birth, but he may as well have been. Trained to protect his older brother, the heir prince.

He'd obviously failed, as he was no longer among them.
    Or rather they were no longer among the living. And that was his fault too.

Stories for another time though. And a shout in the distance had him angling to the side, training straight for it as a poisoned arrow, light brown eyes wide and alert and better suited for a predator. It was in silence that he killed, and in silence that he appeared to her then. One shadow becoming more solid, easing forward with his head held high and his eyes hard. He may have felt something for her once, but it'd been a long time since she vanished from him and took his child along with her.

Josie.
    And he remembered the customs of this land.
    A statement. Then a question.

Where is my son.
    Josie
    like the dancer before me

It happened again, she had thought him into existence....If only it worked years ago when she truly yearned for him and his touch. He approached and she could barely believe her eyes, he stopped and stood before her, his head was held high. He always carried himself with pride, it was nice to see he has not changed much.

Josie he gives a greeting, she was tempted to reach out and nuzzle him but his next statement turned her bitter. Where is my son He asks...no he demands. She went from forgiving him in a moment to being filled with anger again. What! NO HOW HAVE YOU BEEN!? she yells out, her tone was filled with anger. She tried to move on from him but she always remained loyal, reunited and he doesn't even ask how she was? Not so much as a touch?

She fought the urge to bite him, scream and run away in anger. Instead she snorts and responds to his damn question Ezra is a grown stallion, he is off on his own life adventure. Her ears were pinned to her dome, her tail flicked with annoyance. And where the hell have you been? He talks as if she ripped Ezra away from him, no! Akkadian damn near abandoned them, leaving Josie to raise him on her own.

@[Toli] I promise I'll do better!
    The second he asked the question, she ignited, became a raging fire. A woman worthy of his homeland, he'd always known it about her. It made him ignore most of her tirade, a slight smirk hiding in the corner of his mouth.

But it fell away completely when she said their son's name. Ezra. A name he'd only said two times in his entire life. A boy he'd seen only once in his entire life. Ezra. Likely a black and handsome devil. But not trained in battle as his sire would've had it, as he would've done himself as his boy grew up. It makes his eyes harder, light brown and bitter.

You vanished, Josie. I couldn't find you anywhere. I brought you to that forest and then you were gone. And his boy with her. What the hell had happened to them? He'd wondered at just how much she despised him for getting her pregnant. That had not been their intentions. A wild night of passion had been their only intention, really. He found her worthy and he took her.

His whole life had been a lie, a bastard child taken into the royal family in secret. He'd never had a true family of his own blood. Not until Josie and their boy. And then they were gone from him. Maybe he didn't deserve a real family. Too much death at his hands, in his past. Too much destruction, espionage, sudden raids. Not to mention he wasn't the prince they'd all thought he was.

He was just an orphan where his brother prince should've stood. The true prince.
    I can't stay, he told her shortly, and waited for her explanation that likely wouldn't make him feel any better about missing out on his son's life. A stranger to him.

he is a temperamental grouch as always :| :|
    Josie
    like the dancer before me

This was a side of him she had never seen, towards her at least. She speaks there child's name and she can see the fire that grew within him, she grew slightly fearful to be on the receiving end of his anger, but her face remained serious.

You vanished Josie the words slowly stabbed her, I brought you to that forest and then you were gone the memories flooding her of that night. Everything changed in beqanna, there home that they new was gone, there life was flopped and she was so scared. Scared for the safety of there new born child....scared to be separated again.

It was clear Akkadian was fighting his own demons, but he did not have time for Josie this time around. I can't stay he says, and her eyes grew wide as her heart slowly sunk...She had loved him for so long and just like that he was leaving? He didn't care about her anymore? Was she so easy to forget Akkadian her voice was firm, a hint of irritation could be detected.

I was scared her voice was shaky, reliving the memories she fought hard to remove from her mind. The lands changed! The faeries were mad! I did what was best for our son, I looked for you Akkadian but I couldn't find you..I had to leave, I had to protect him. He wouldn't understand, how could he? He barely knew his own child, but it was her own fault. She steps closer to the ebony stallion, her maw gently stroked over his shoulder where will you go? She asks, a last attempt to calm the furious stallion before her, the love they once shared once long gone, but was it so far gone it could not be revived?

@[Akkadian] <33
    "Akkadian," her voice pinched at him like a mother scolding a child. His behavior was not entirely acceptable, his anger directed at her, the woman who'd birthed his only son. She was right, he was out of line. He should be better at showing her some respect. He only swallowed and held her gaze.

"I was scared," her voice grew quieter, and she explained that she hadn't intended to get separated from him. That she'd taken their boy away to keep him safe since she hadn't been able to find Akkadian again. His jaw clenched and he wished they could go back and set it right, that he could have had the chance to know her and his son. He could've taught her how to track him, how to find him again. He could've taught his boy so many things.

But he knew better than anyone that you couldn't change the past.
    He couldn't bring his family back to life.

Akkadian tensed as she stepped closer, her mouth reaching out to brush over his smooth shoulder. She was so bold to touch him. He should've snapped his teeth at her and driven her away from him. But it'd been so damn long since he'd had a woman's touch, not a soul since his time with her.

"Where will you go?"

His body was held taut, coiled and ready to spring, ready to attack. The threat wafted off his body like a smoke cloud as he turned his neck slowly. So gently, he reached out to touch her shoulder back, his body feeling like it would burst at the tenderness, the lack of violent retaliation. He touched briefly and straightened again.

Away, he said shortly, firmly.
    And he wouldn't be followed.

Keep him safe.
    She was a strong woman, she would protect their family.
    There was no telling when or if he would return from where he was headed.

im sorry this took so looongggg Sad Sad