• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm a little unsteady [Breckin, Any]
    Ardashir
    The warm rays of the spring sun were fleeting at times. The clouds did not help with the melting of the snow but, the lengthening of the days would help. Animals that had been in hiding over the winter months started to stir and wonder about. There would be births soon with new little lives running about or maybe flying.

So, it was with Aradashir. He came back to life it seemed in the spring and just wonder in out of nowhere. He did not mean to slip into the winter background and he was never too far from home or his queen. The white stags blue eyes might have been seen around a tree watching, or some part of him could have been spotted around. Ardashir was a protector after all so he did not go too far from those he wanted to protect.
    Now, as the weather would start to warm the water and allow for all that fog that slithered into the waters.
    He stepped out of a small sprg of trees and gave his coat a good shake. A snort passed his nostrils as his fetlock hair hung very low on his face. The stallion would have to remember to tangle it in some trees over the coming months to shorten it up.

He had started to shed his winter coat and as he shook the hair just fell away in clumps. The beard under his chin still hung around but, that gave him a bit or personality right? Ard snorted once more and gave a nice long stretch of his neck forward and then back some. He moved to his legs next extending each one in turn and then another nice long shake. The stallion promised he would be better this year. He would not ghost he would not try to sneak around. He wanted to train with the war caste. He had a tour to give to Nalia and anyone else that was new to the lands of Nerine. He might even try to venture to the common lands and find some horses there to talk to.

First things first though, check in with the Khaleesi. He had not been a very good Najahak, not properly introducing himself to Breckin. Ard wanted to fix that and so he made sure to move to the more central areas of the kingdom. He bowed his head and spoke with those on his way introducing here, maybe a couple pointers there. The pale beast took a good long breath before offering a call into the air. He knew that a queen had many things to do with her days and if she did not come that was alright. He just wanted her to know that he was here for her and here for their home. Ardashir would protect Nerine, its Khaleesi, and of course Nalia.

His second task was owed to the winged mare. Spring was here and he wanted to keep a promise to her made in winter. The stag would do his best to show her some of the more interesting or beautiful caves that Nerine held with in its ocean grasp. The stallion had been thinking on it most of the winter and could only hope that his choice was a good one. He stood waiting with his ears twitching listening.

The blue in an ocean of gray..

@[Breckin]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    He's been sticking around for a few days now, like he promised. Though he still has to find his mother (she lives here, he'd never thought it could be that hard but he supposes that maybe she doesn't want to be found), he had at least found Breckin. So that was a good thing, he supposed, all in all, and in fact, he finds that nothing can shake the golly mood. Which makes him act maybe just a tiny bit like an idiot, but he always was one, so he supposes that's not too different - anyway.

The point is, he's still here, and nosing around the kingdom a bit. His scales don't carry scents so much, but the (tangled by the spring winds) mane on his neck do, and he carries a weird mix of scents that perhaps isn't exactly Nerinian but also can't be described as not-fitting-in; a fading scent of Ischia that will probably still cling to him for the rest of the season, since it's been his home so long, but just might fade if he stays long enough. That all depends on Breckin - the second most notable scent that he carries and isn't entirely his own. So he supposes he's recognizable enough, as one that belongs in here. Even with the Nerinian smell not entirely ingrained.

Like the scent on the giant white he finds today; he's easily spotted (as easily as Leilan himself is, scales reflecting spring sunlight, but even in the shade the metallic gold of his mane and tail don't care to be ignored), and as he approaches, he realizes that wow-this-guy-is-big. Now, Leilan isn't all too fragile himself; squarely built though slimmed down by Friesian and mixed-breed-quarab-like heritage, and standing at a good 16 hands, he could be considered slightly above average in terms of height-comparison. But this is new to him, must be one of those rare breeds that perhaps hail from really violent landscapes?

Blinking at this new discovery, he stops in his tracks and cocks his head at the male. He knows names of Nerinians and their ranks, in theory - but not their faces, and he wonders where this one belongs in the mental list. There aren't that many males holding ranks here, perhaps... oh. Oh, of course. He's such a stupidhead sometimes. Good thing Breckin isn't here to read his thoughts (she couldn't, he's not that emotionally upset right now, but he just likes to exaggerate).

"So. You're what's standing between threats and my loved ones?" He doesn't make introductions at this rate, approaching openly, looking the man over. He's probably capable, at least if there's no magic involved. Circling the big white as if inspecting his scars and muscles, the scaled bay roan snorts in amusement as he finds the clumps of hair on the ground not too far away. "You ánd the fluffy little beasties." he adds, just for entertainment, and watches them as if they'll start moving any second. His eyes a striking emerald green - to anyone who's paid attention in the last month, a clear indication that he's just kidding around and means nothing by it, but yeah. Ardashir doesn't really know him, does he?
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Ardashir] A wild Any appeared! Any uses annoyance!
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Ardashir
    Ardashir did not know of his own lineage or what breed he might have been. He was not even aware of his height most days until faced with someone that he could not stand eye to eye with. He could not know that the reason he was left on the beach that day was because some alien creature that walked on two legs had thought him flawed and on deaths door. The ghost before the scalled stallion had not known his mother’s caress..only the touch of the cold sand. The lines of his ancestors lost to him as that strang ship floated away with his mother calling out his name.

The stags ears might have shifted back some at those words, “I, and the army that stands at my back.” He rolled his shoulders and lifted that normally relaxed neck higher. Ardashir was no fool he knew that he did not stand alone in defence of Nerine. He was not even alone when it came to protecting who ever may sit on the throne. Sapphire blue eyes watched the golden ticked stag as he walked around and lowered his head with another comment coming a moment after sniffing at Ardashir’s shed. “We all need not be giants to fight those who would come for our home, or our loved ones.” The white ghost had not met this sparkling male before, and the mid sized stallion had not given off a good first impression.

He took in a long draw of air seeking out a scent to match to the coat. This stallion before the ghost was a stranger in face, and scent. Ardashir was used to newcomers wandering in at this point but, none had the touch of attitude that this stallion did. He studied the friesian ancestored stallion watching body posture, ears, and how he held his tail. He had approached so boldly and now the white ghost returned the favor making his way over ears forward at attention but not aggressive. The roan and gold stallion had been creative with his greeting but, after watching him a little more Ardashir was a bit more confident that he meant no harm for now.

The stag did not press his form close to this new stallion but he did extend his nose out to take a bit more of his scent in as his silver voice took on a bit more iron, “What brings you to Nerine stranger? Threats? Or, do you seek to meet up with those loved ones you spoke of?” There was none of the normal squealing or flamboyant posturing between the two of them that might have been normal in other stallions just yet. Ardashir was a silent creature most days though so any outburst might have seemed explosive. “You seem to know my name. But, I have not been so graced with yours just yet.” The white male had pulled his head back at this point but, had not given up his position of personal bubble invasion.   

@[Leilan] it was somewhat effective.
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Leilan
    For a moment, he can't help but glance around the white stud as if to check if there's an army, but alas, unless he means the white fluffs, there's no-one there; but he grins and then nods anyway. "I'd like to meet them." he continues to tease, but then the white man again is incredibly serious about things, talking about height not being an issue when fighting for the ones you love, the ones who are their home. Well, shit, he actually agrees with the big guy, and it's taking the fun out of the jokes. Cocking his head, he stares at Ardashir in thought, all the while his eyes drain of the green colour, turning back to icy blue (or perhaps there's a hint of warmth, too, but more so in the expression itself).

It seemed that it was his time to be studied then, but he couldn't bother too much. He'd done the same thing first; if only to assess if he was capable enough. Wouldn't want the title of Champion be forgone to someone not strong enough to defend his queen should time and place ask for it.

He doesn't exactly like the tone that follows though, and he huffs, throwing his forelock out of his face (one of those rare things on him that weren't shiny these days). And since the tone wasn't too inviting, he chose not to immediately answer, but focuses on the last one. "Why, it's not too hard to miss out on a big white stallion, especially in Nerine. I just had to put a face to the name of one who's said to be Champion." But he supposes it's fair to at least give his name. "I'm Leilan." As if that, perhaps, should explain everything in one go. Maybe it would - he's still a son of Scorch (dare he think it, the only one ever present). He's quite sure Breckin probably doesn't discuss her life with this man, though.

@[Ardashir]
    |
    Weaving between the wide trunks of timber in the heart of Nerine, she made her way towards the line where the forest faded to seascape.  She'd been wandering per usual, drifting back to whatever memories of the past she could recall.  This time her musings had brought her upon the days of the Tournament held between Ischia and Nerine shortly after Brennen had overtaken the throne.  Just a young and unsure thing, she'd dove head first into the Tournament, entirely unsure of what the future would hold for her beyond that point.  Viserion had been her match through debate and mock battle, and for a moment she wonders what the draconic scaled stallion was up to in Ischia.

And with a faint smile she had watched the day she had committed herself to Nerine and her creed, feeling the weight of her own emotions as she had spoken with an uncertain confidence.  It was funny how much time could change things, and not change much at all.  At her memory's conclusion, she'd retreated from the heart of the iron coast, desiring instead to shed the fog of the past in favor of the clarity of interactions held in the present.

The leopard flecked queen had an intended target, her dark eyes scanning the harsh shores for the massive bloke who held the title of her Najahak.  A meeting between the alabaster pair had been long overdue, and it was high time she touched base with the bearded fellow.

When at last she finds his stark white frame, she's mildly surprised to find that he's not alone, and when it registers to her exactly who that someone is that's holding Ardashir's attention currently, her eyes narrow in scrutiny wondering what could have drawn the roan's figure his way.  But nonetheless, she breaches the conversation with a warm smile, pulling to a stop near to where Leilan stood though still close enough to be able to touch him with a tilting lean.  "Ardashir, you look well," she extends her muzzle to share a friendly breath with him, only turning slightly to shoot a somewhat teasing smile back at the scaled stallion, "I hope Leilan isn't bothering you too much?"

@[Ardashir] @[Leilan]
    Ardashir
    Swung his tail a couple of times more of his winter coat falling away, “ I see no reason to think you a threat. So, seek them out.” He would note the change in color to the other stallions eyes and was reminded that magic was alive in some horses. Ardashir did not know the meaning of the change though but thought it better to stop all this posturing. He rolled his shoulders some and shook away the tension there starting to relax. The ghost shook his neck a bit getting out a little more tension.   

It is not as if I am trying to hide.” He looked around a moment, “ And, I am sure I never can in a place like this. I would have to travel far more north to the eternal snow covered tundra, or maybe just sink into the forest and never come out.” An ear would turn back to the gold speckled stallion and then Ard would turn his head to look back at Leilan, “ Greetings to you Leilan. I hope that Nerine and your family welcome you more kindly than it seems I have.” The stag offered a bow of his head before it snapped to attention with the sound of approaching feet.

Ardashir turned his head ears forward when Breckin came upon the two of them. He bowed his head a little deeper in a respectful greeting, “ Thank you Breckin, and spring has treated you kindly as well.” He flicked his ears some at her mention of Leilan bothering him. He shook his head some and chuckled, “ I do not think so. And, I hope I have not bothered him with my rather rough greeting.” He offered his own breath to The Queen as she had been kind enough to share hers with him. “ Leilan said he is looking for his family members. I do not know them but maybe Queen Breckin you know of who he speaks?”      

@[Leilan] @[Breckin]

Leilan
    Ardashir takes a lot of what he says seriously - or he's just extremely patient, or maybe he doesn't even notice he's trying to see what he does when he gets upset. However, it also has the strange effect of Leilan calming down, for a few moments that is. And he nods at the man's conclusion that he's not a threat with a grin.

At his own assessment of Ardashir being really easy to find, he can't help but smile when he is dryly answered that he's not trying to hide. He agrees with the idea of travelling to a snowy area if he wanted to hide, though the scaled roan cocks his head at another idea. "There's also winter in the mountains. And I suppose here, too, just not this time of year." He chuckles a bit, but, shakes his head when Ardashir starts to apologize. "No need. You can't be too trusting of anyone just waltzing into here I suppose. Would make you a lousy guard." He grins, but if he was going to say anything else to the white giant, he lets it slide when Breckin's scent hits his nostrils, and he is immediately distracted.

He turns his head towards her when she positions herself near to him, and he forgets about Ard for a moment to greet her with a warm breath on her neck. Registering that she's greeting the white male however, he pulls back to allow their scent exchange, and chuckles a bit at her question. "You're too kind, Ardashir. I annoy everyone." he grins, shooting Breckin a knowing look - she knows this as well, hence her question. "I'd say he passes with flying colours, regina del mi'cuore. You can keep him." He winks at the other stallion, followed by a more serious note. "I have family everywhere, Ard. I could add you to the list, too, if you like. Though I'm not sure if I'd call you Brother or Sister."

@[Breckin] @[Ardashir] ~continues annoyance~
    (btw if you need him to leave just say so, he can go look elsewhere for Scorch)
    |
    "I think he'll manage to survive," she quips.  Ardashir seems apologetic in the way he had initially greeted Leilan.  Though she hadn't be present for the exchange, she theorizes that the white stallion's reaction had probably been more appropriate than he thought, knowing the roan man's usual antics.  Breckin simply offers a sage nod when Leilan confirms just as much outwardly.  "I'm glad I have your permission," she retorts, when he verbalizes his assessment of the Najahak, voice thick with sarcasm.  The smile she wears is deceptively warm,  and her dark eyes spark a bit brighter when she turns to shoot Leilan a pointed glare.

"I haven't seen many of his family members lately."   Her brows knit together delicately, trying to remember the last time she had seen her Dosh or one of the many others within the large family that called Nerine home.  She couldn't place a day, but nonetheless it had been a long while.  For the ivory stallion, she decides to elaborate on Leilan's familial ties, purposefully skipping over acknowledgement of the roan's cheeky remark in calling Ardashir a sibling.  "Leilan is a son of Scorch and Hestoni, and we all know how large that family is."   As if to further cement her point, she nudges his scaled shoulder with her own spotted one.

Breckin's attention remains on the cascading colors of Leilan's eyes a moment longer before shifting back towards Ardashir; she'd been seeking him out in the first place after all, she couldn't let herself be consumed by Leilan's presence now. Maybe later.

"Ardashir, I'm glad I happened upon you today, I meant to seek you out sooner, but other unexpected things had come up.  It's somewhat humorous that Leilan seems to have already brought the topic up for me, but I wanted to make sure that you were still interested in remaining in the Najahak position?"

@[Ardashir] @[Leilan]
    His head lowered and lifted in a couple nods, “ Very true. Cold up there though and lonely. Not sure I would like to be alone. But, seems I do that to myself most days around here anyway.” A chuckle passed his lips at the second part, “ I am honored you think me a good guard.”

He watched the two of them how they moved around each other, and how they touched if maybe only for the briefest of moments. Ardashir swung his tail a few times listening as Leilan spoke and offered to call him a sibling in what was soon revealed to be a large one. “ Thank you for the offer Leilan and I would like to count you as one of my family as well. Though, that family is the sisterhood.

Ard swung his ears forward at mention of Scorch. He did not know that the Dosh had children but, then again he had never asked her nor was it his place to poke into those things. “ I would like to remain in your service Khaleesi Breckin. If that is to be in the form of Najahak then so be it. If, there is another that would fit this rank better I would harbour no ill will in stepping aside for someone with more experience.” He bowed his head, “ I am always here for you Queen, and of course the members of your kingdom.”

He was being very truthful. The white stag had no reason to lie to anyone least of all the queen of Nerine. The ghost was not a slave as Scorch had said to him many moons ago. He was just loyal to a fault for the moment. Breckin had not mistreated him, Wishbone had not, and the queens of the past had not treated him unfairly. Ardashir was here for them all to the end of his days if they needed.  

@[Leilan] @[Breckin]
    Poop no html post but I got it up so yay!

Leilan
    He'd like to stick out his tongue at the tone of the spotted mare's voice, but manages not to when Ardashir says he's honoured that Leilan thinks him a good guard. Well, honestly if he needed the roan's opinion maybe he needed to work up a little more self-esteem, too; like Breckin had needed all those years ago. Saying she was nothing out of the ordinary... oh, how wrong she had been then; he's pretty sure she understands this nowadays though.

Ardashir confirms he's part of the sisterhood, and the scaled stallion dibs his head in acknowledgement. The term Sister perhaps befits him; to Leilan, both the sisterhood he's newly come to live with as well as the brotherhood he's left behind in favour of the Nerinian landscape (view, mostly the view) are his family. "Family of choice, Sister Ardashir." he smiles, and he's not even really making a joke out of it for once.

Breckin of course, has to spoil it just a little by pointing out his blood-related family is enormous as well. Narrowing his eyes a tiny bit, he looks at her as if he wants to say something. There's definitely something on his mind that she would find totally inappropriate; that she could join that family or even, help enlarge it, but it's with all his will-power that he doesn't out that kind of language in front of someone else, someone she wants to have a more serious conversation with. Though perhaps she could see the mischievous look in his eyes anyway, and read something off of it.

But she's always been the one to take him aback. This time he's not the main focus of her surprises, he thinks, and his eyes widen a bit when she tells Ardashir that perhaps his title isn't his best fit. Hadn't he just established for her that the man was rightly capable of protecting Nerine? That's not the kind of topic he'd have wanted to bring up, and his face folds a little, looking from one to another, as the white stud continues that he would step aside for someone else if she wanted him to. But why though? His colour-shifting eyes lock onto her brown ones, silently demanding she explain this nonsense. "If you're going to do the opposite of everything I ever say, perhaps I should have said he needed to learn some more?" Clearly, he's not quite sure if he likes this turn of events. After all, Ardashir is a good defender. Level-headed, and, for lack of a general, a good war-leader. Sure, she's a new queen and perhaps she thinks someone else befits the title better, but would she need to take this man down for it, he doesn't think so.

@[Breckin] @[Ardashir] *no comprendo*
    |