• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So what if I am crazy? - Arthas

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    The cold of Sylva’s autumn doesn’t do much to his scaly hide, and secretly he’s glad that he’s not shivering on his way in. Yet he has not come for politics, like many others who will follow after him, who’ve gone before him, no doubt.

He’s heard a familiar face now holds the crown to this kingdom, and he is curious how he fares. If he fares at all. If he holds his grasp here, and if so, if that means he is to be considered an evil king now. Because somehow the latter just doesn’t seem right in Leilan’s mind.

Stepping up to the border, the shiny stallion calls out for Arthas. It souns like maybe he has come to mock him, maybe not. Or maybe he will anyway - Arthas always kets him under his skin. At least in the past. So. Depends on the grey man.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Arthas] lousy starter but here it is
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Arthas
    It was finally spring, the trees were starting to sprout new leaves and soon the trees would be full enough that no one from above can see through. Sylva had caused a stir when he took over the kingdom, but has since fallen quiet.....quiet doesn't always mean something bad, in fact it could be just the opposite.

He found himself out today patrolling the border, clearing his head from his thoughts. He was so confused, did Lepis want to be here? Was she happy being queen....was she happy being with Arthas? He had yet to tell her of his child he expected this season, but he hoped she would not be mad seeing that she wanted him to be with others.....she didn't want another foal this season. I mean...he didn't expect a foal from her every season...but at the same time he couldn't help himself...

He had so many thoughts but they disappeared the instant he caught wind of Ischia..His ears pinned to his dome, but within a moment of detecting the intruder a whinny calls out. It was a familiar call, and as he thinks of it a smile tugged at his lips and a soft chuckle parts his lips. Leilan he thinks to himself, the damn bastard, his best friend he hated....frenemy?

He heads towards the call and eventually the roan stag was within view Leilan! Buddy! He calls out when he nears him, he came to a halt a few paces from him. What brings you to Sylva? Usually he would not be so nice, especially to an Ischia member, but this sort of meeting was no stranger to the pair.

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan] awhhh i missed these two<3

Leilan
    The grey stallion is near, when he calls. He can smell his... friendly enemy, best-hated-wannabe-friend. Their relationship is hard to describe. They behaved like old friends, but would have rivaled over mares, recruits, and whatnot. They’d probably never actually fight, but with words and actions they’ll always try to be better than the other. Arthas was now king. Well, if he had his way, he would marry a certain queen, but since she was a fickle thing (he loved that, but he wouldn’t even admit it to her) he better not tell anyone lest she changed her mind. Or if she stepped down, that was also a possibility of course. Because ruling did suck no matter how one put it. Always be present, always be on guard, always maintain a friendly face and recruit new members or make alliances.

That doesn’t mean he has no other things to present to the grey andalusian though - himself most of all. While Arthas has been busying himself with petty things like ruling a kingdom and taking power (again, he had a suspiciously easy way of getting it), Leilan had undergone some changes in a more physical way.

He flashes an overly toothy grin as his icy blue eyes settle on the grey acid-producer, moving just a little forward to greet him. There’s the B-word again, but he’s just gonna let that slide off his scales like rain today. It can’t bother him when no one else is present. ”Admittedly, you of course. I wanna see your new kingdom. Was it as easy to acquire as the last one?” An empty throne, well, it was perhaps not as easy as being given it freely, but not nearly as hard as having to challenge someone for it or acquire enough horses to vote the old leader out. Still. He just had to come poking around and tease. As usual. ”Brennen said he won’t hold you accountable for the past, but there’s still monsters in here isn’t there? Or have you cast them out?” In fact, speaking of such, he’s half a monster himself now. Or at least capable of matching them in a fight no doubt.

@[Arthas]
    |

Arthas
    The visit of his red friend was always a mystery, sometimes they left on a good note, and most often they depart angered. Try as he must, so long as he has not come on Ischia duties, perhaps this conversation will end on a good note. His eyes gaze over the stallion who was different this time, from the last. He had scaling over his body, and was that teeth? He could barely see points when he moved his maw. How new were these? Has it been that long since he had last seen this red stallion.

He notes he came to visit for Arthas himself, the conversation grew all to familiar, though he usually had these conversations with Bane. I want to see your new kingdom, was it as easy to acquire as the last one? Oh does Leilan have jokes today, something that would normally irritate the shit out of Arthas, today he decided to let it roll. A short chuckle slipped past his lips Not as easy his gaze narrowed in on Leilan. It was no secret, he was given rule of Loess with no struggle, but Sylva was a different story.

The conversation shifts at the mention of Brennen, his ears flicked back at the mention of his Ischian king, but they face forward once again when he continued on. He notes he will not be accountable for the past actions of Sylva, but inquires if the 'monsters' are still here. Leilan, I would not say they are monsters, although the original Sylvan member do still reside her, if that is what you are inquiring. He would not put such a label on his members, regardless of murderous acts they may or may not have carried out. Glad to hear that Brennen's decision. Arthas had a whole LOT more to say, but he decided it would be best to keep his comments to himself, a rare decision. How is Ischia Leilan? You are still welcome a spot in my kingdom, the Paladin perhaps? He looks at him, he stole him years ago for a reason. Leilan had great potential, he was a loyal equine, someone that Arthas would like in his own kingdom.

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan] Frenemies<3 lol

Leilan
    His prying question recieves only an evading answer, but the scaled roan shrugs. Ah, he could not have expected the dapple grey to elaborate probably. He smiles lopsided when Arthas tells him he is glad about his notion about Brennen; as if he had been in doubt about that. But then again his almost-friend had always interpret anything the brotherhood did as a threat when there was none. Why, he had no idea. Honestly he had always thought and still did, that he would have fit well into the brotherhood of Ischia, he could have claimed a really high rank but seeing him now, happy in his place as king, he supposed the man just had too much ambition to be among a bunch of other stallions.

The monster comment is not taken as lightly as it was intended, and he outs a short laugh. ”I’d thought they would have loved the nickname.” he jests, and lookes at the man amusedly, a green tone mixed into the blue of his eyes now.

Arthas informs about Ischia in such a way that it is clear he hust wants to know if Leilan is still loyal to Brennen, and the gold-tinted stallion does not budge. But he blinks and loses all colour to his eyes, for a heartbeat flashing white though at the next blink again ice blue. He cocks his head. ”I thought that’s a Loessian term? What’s next, are you gonna ask me to proclaim you and Bane husband and husband?” Green once more, because he just can’t help teasing the man instead of immediately answering.

@[Arthas]
    |

Arthas

In Arthas' younger days years ago he would have been interested in the brotherhood that Ischia offered, but then again Ischia is too gentle for his kind. He got along a lot better with the equines who were bullies, he never really liked the cookie cutter horses.

Leilan laughs and notes he thought that the Sylvan members would like to be called 'monsters'. Perhaps some of them would, thats true, but Sylva was turning away from the darkest corner it was one. It is open to all equines willing to wreak havoc, but then again...Sylva does have the darker equines amongst it. Arthas only playfully rolled his eyes at the roan stallion.

The conversation shifts, Arthas asked if Leilan would want to be apart of Sylva but Arthas should have expected such a response from Leilan. Are you gonna sk me to proclaim you and bane husband and husband? a laugh parted his lips, he wasn't aware that other kingdoms knew of the bromance Bane and Arthas shared. Can you do that?! he exclaimed, laughter still in his voice. Once he was able to gather his composure he returned to the original topic I guess our kingdoms are more alike than you thought, I stole you years ago for a reason Leilan, you have so much potential and Ischia is not giving you the chance you deserve. Come to Sylva, maybe you can be my mistress A quick chuckle escapes his maw once again. His gaze settled on the stallion, he would love for the roan stallion to stand by his side, but he knows it will be hard to sway him away from Ischia.

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Well, shit. Arthas had never laughed so hard at any of his prodding before, and he watches the man with amusement although also, he seems slightly concerned by this. "Doesn't mean that it'd be official, but you know." he shrugs, though the spark is out of the conversation on his side, at least, that is until the grey continues to say their kingdoms were perhaps 'more alike than he thought?' "Finally caught up to that, did you?" he grins. Silly old man. Wasn't that what the roan had told him the very first time he'd set foot in Loess? Clearly he had not paid attention enough.

He breaks like the Andalusian does on the word mistress, though his laughter doesn't that long. When he finally takes a long breath however, his face is most serious - in fact, the most serious since ever starting this conversation, his eyes blue to mark the change - although he masks it in a joking line. "I can't do that, Arthas. However much I'd like to accept your offer, my heart belongs to someone else." A wry smile. He'd never had any ambition for himself, but, for her, suddenly he'd taken it upon himself to step up his game. Still. "I hope we can still be friends. Or enemies, if you must."

@[Arthas]
    |

Arthas
    This meeting with Leilan and Arthas was truly different from all there prior conversations, it was perhaps there most civil conversation. Maybe this was a step in the direction of.....friendship?

Leilan seemed slightly surprised by Arthas' tone, and perhaps even lack of smack talk on Ischia. He follows up on the marriage of Bane and Arthas, and unfortunately there love was not strong enough, not even Leilan could make it official. Arthas playfully rolls his eyes what a shame

At the mention of Ischia the two would normally start arguing at this point, but instead Leilan grins and mentions that it was about time Arthas figured out that Ischia did not mean harm. Though that is what Leilan said, it was no gaurentee that Ischia would hold there promise, or even that they sent Leilan here as a distraction.

Arthas offered Leilan a position as the paladin, and even his mistress, and finally he was able to get a laugh out of Leilan. A grin tugged at Arthas' lips, though the conversation fell serious and he admits he cannot take the position regardless of how much he would like to. He notes that his heart belongs to someone, and Arthas tilts his head in response. Mares are a very difficult subject, and they can run you into the ground if you aren't careful. I hope we can still be friends, or enemies he finishes with and a sly smile appears on his face. I wouldn't have it any other way Leilan, just remember you are always welcome to join the ranks of Sylva. And Leilan....good luck with your, lover. He gives a wink, Arthas has had his share of issues with mares, hopefully Leilan ends up better.

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan] no pressure to respond, we can end here if you want.