• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Call me whatever you want - Leliana

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Perhaps - no, probably, no, really - he is indeed kind at heart. But there were things in his past that had twisted him; the border between love and hate had been crossed briefly, and he'd lashed out in the ways he knew - with anger, and with a lust-driven carelessness that had given him children he by now isn't entirely sure what to do with. How to solve his relationships with their mothers.

But Leliana strikes a core. It's a renewal of a believe planted firmly in him when he was weak and slowly recovering from dying at the mountain-base; it's what the fairy had said. Children need their father. He sighs. If only she knew. But when she repeats she wished she had her father in her life; he looks up at her and blinks, then nods. Determined. Fine. He'll make the effort, even if Roseen doesn't want him to. They still live in Nerine. Besides, he also has Chryseis, and Ophanim, to care for (if Jenova comes by anyway).

Leliana however, latches on to his admission, and he gives her a foolish grin. "Don't know who's the lucky one, but yet." Extremely special. "I bet you two'd get along very well. She's more of a diplomat than a fighter, though she has a certain kind of stubbornness and can be carefree sometimes, too." Cocking his head at the description, he thinks it's pretty solid. She's more than kind, of course, but that's something that he thinks Leliana has already caught up on. But the most important part is, that she (secretly, not really admitting it to the outside world as much) loves his humor or the way he constantly tries to get her attention. There's not many horses appreciating that way of his to get under one's skin, his signature move is to constantly be annoying and keep them on edge. But it sharpens them, and is a great way of testing them - are they easily angered, or are they too kind for those things? It's just that Breckin knows how to play a joke on himself, too, that catches him off guard. Flabbergasted. Still him a moment. Long enough for her to find her way into his heart, he supposed.

Because honestly, the jokes and annoyance, it's just his way of building a wall, and protect his more sensitive core.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[leliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Leliana

It is a blessing to have children, to rear them, to be shaped by them, and Leliana is pleased by the way that he nods to her statement. It was enough to try. So many wanted to make it something so much more—they wanted to become the perfect parent—but it was just enough to try. To be present. She desperately wished that she had her parents to do that for her when she was growing up, but she was determined to be there for Adna. To be nurture her and love her and help her become the best version of her.

She wasn’t perfect, Lord knows that, but she would at least try.

So she smiles kindly at Leilan, hazel eyes warming as she talks of the woman. “She sounds remarkable.” Love was equally a blessing as children and she is glad to see that there are those who still cherish it, who still hold it close to their breast and value it as the treasure it. She opens her mouth to speak more but she glances up and noticing the sky beginning to darken, the cerulean of it shot through with the oranges and ambers signaling the coming of evening. Her face drops slightly as she looks back to the dragon.

“Oh! I let the time get away from me.” She flushes with embarrassment and the slight worry of her new mother as she looks toward the edge of the playground, trying to get a sight of her scaled daughter although she knows better than to think Adna would be patiently waiting for her there. “I need to go get my daughter before it gets too dark.” She glances back at him, distracted but still kind and grateful for the distraction of his company. “I really hope that I get to see you again, name twin.” She says warmly, taking a step to press her muzzle into his neck. “Take care of your family. They are lucky to have you.”

And then with one more backward glance she turns and trots toward her heart.

but there you go again, turning golden, right there in front of me

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    He can only smile sheepishly at her comment. ”Maybe you’ll get to meet her one day, if you want to see Nerine.” he offers - a sort-of invitation to visit if she wants to. There’s so much he doesn’t know about her past - doesn’t know that she knows Heartfire’s newest lover, and would have mixed feelings deeing them there. But we can’t all know everything, and so, that all is lost, he just likes this kind and motherly mare and would love to show her his family sometime, knows they’d get along.

But the day is on it’s end, and she had promised her daughter to come, so he nods and steps back at her exclamation with a playful grin. ”I’m not gonna make it home before dark either I fear, though I should go, too. Perhaps another day then, we can show off eachother’s families.” And see who has it better. Or worse, he adds to that thought, but she’s already turned around in haste to fetch her daughter. And like he said before, he hurry home, too, before he’s going to raise too many questions.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[leliana] Just a closing post, because I was bored and felt like it xD
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |